Traditional brokers are becoming Discount broker

Hai now a day traditional broker are becoming discount broker , now lot of startups in broking business are in pipeline , Now angel reduce 30 to 20 per order for investment is 0 now , but angel client is not growing when comparing zerodha ,
now GROWW app is entering in stock broking and PAYTM , How zerodha will manage these tough competition , any future intresting plan with zerodha , and why SEBI is giving too many license to new broking company because enough BROKING company in this industry is available , everybody will not surview in this business the SEBI knows , then how sebi will safeguard client money in small broking company … @nithin

1 Like

Products should speak, who ever has the better product wins, it is not a price war anymore. Competition should be there and we welcome anyone entering the market if they are helping in growing the ecosystem.

We will continue to do what we are doing, innovating, empowering and growing the ecosystem.

If that’s the rule then zerodha would have not existed today, it should be free and fare market if not complacency will pile up and kill the innovation.
The onus of selecting broker is up-to the user after-all it is his/her hard earned money. Regulators should be effective and adaptable to changes.

5 Likes

i will stick with zerodha , we need zerodha forever

3 Likes

Agree and copy

**ICICI DIRECT BECOMING DISCOUNT BROKER** 

ICICI Direct come with flat brokerage per order 20 rs for option and intraday as 5 rs , ideal amount get intrest also

Never believe from icici direct :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:
Sharkhan also will become discount broker on next year they are planing from sub broker office manager informed

Zerodha want to act fast to manage competition

1 Like

Pricing is not part of competition anymore, products and support are the ones which can take us, hope we will live up-to the expectations of our clients and contribute something from our side to the dream of 5 trillion usd economy in next 5 years.

1 Like

Most large volume traders, who give you most of your revenues, hate kite. Its impossible to trade large volumes and large number of trades during the day using kite. But, they still managed to stay with Zerodha so far due to the lower brokerage and general inertia. Its absolutely fabulous to see others giving discount broking plans.

You are correct that technology will be the decider and kite sucks.

2 Likes

Not using zerodha but I think kite is much better than other platforms of most brokers

Even successful traders paying 10th of their profit to discount brokers. Don’t under estimate power of price.

2 Likes

Lol , mark my words in 5 years most of the share brokers will provide free brokerage with unlimited plans.

1 Like

Broking industry will end up in same situation as telecom industry then :sob::sob:

Why? we have many large volume traders.

Why so?

Many others also offering lower than us, I believe it’s products which differentiate.

@siva i guess what he ment is …placing an order of say 18000 lots of bnf at 10 rs … max limit is 2400 so one has to place 8 orders manually
Would have been easier if done by software

Nest is much better for trading. Kite might be good enough for investing. Kite lacks the following:

Long watchlists with multiple columns
Bulk order upload
Futures rollover contracts

Inbuilt charting with customized indicators, scanning for breakouts etc - most advanced desktop trading softwares do these much better than using kite/streak in multiple browser windows.

I am happy to hear back from you on your take on the above.

Yes kite needs to have watchlists where we can just scroll through and see the charts. Let’s say we want to analyse multi timeframe for different stocks we cannot do that , because we have to pop out for every chart. In tradingview we have a watchlist and we can have three different timeframes all on one screen and easily scroll through them.

i think it is because traders can trade only 20k qty at a time in eq. no other broker in india has this restriction

This is just a temporary restriction, also how many you think will place more than 20k quanity in one order? agree for penny stocks it is used or stocks under 30 rs. Anyhow from next week we will increase this limit to 50k. Also we are coming out with basket orders, once that is available one can send upto 50 orders in one shot. This will take couple of months.

Nothing can be done for this, it is same with any broker. Anyhow we are coming out with baskets where one can place multiple orders in one shot, this should solve many requirements.

Wrong!!!
Many brokers provide this facility and even pitch it to the customers.
It is called “order slicing”.
Where client put in whatever qt she likes and broker will slice it in multiple orders as per the NSE restrictions.

2 Likes

These will be coming in sometime.