Transfer of Mutual Fund Units from Paytm money to Zerodha Coin

Hello sir I have one sip of mutual fund units in folio number in Paytm money (not in demat for its folio number from last 2 years sip started) i also registered for easiest cdsl facility but at the time bulk setup i don’t see my mutual fund unit to transfer (there is no ISIN found) how do I transfer my mutual fund unit from paytm money to coin please guide me
Thank you @nithin @ShubhS9 @Bhuvan

Mutual fund units in demat mode can be transferred to your demat account in Zerodha via CDSL easiest or by providing DIS, basically, you can initiate the off-market transfer.

But if the units are in folio mode, then you would have to dematerialize your mutual fund investments.

You can check the procedure from this support article.

2 Likes

Thank you sir for your response I have one another question I have to send these to documents to zerodha or Paytm money because my MF units held in Paytm money. Thank you

You have to give the filled form to Zerodha.

1 Like

This article explains all the scenarios

1 Like

@aj_stock MF in folio mode has added advantage that even you can do transaction via MFCentral, CAMS/Kfintech, directly in AMC sites. You don’t need to rely on the respective apps.

Why do you want to lock your units in DEMAT with Coin?

1 Like

Because I want to close my Paytm money account that’s why I have to transfer units to coin.

1 Like

@aj_stock Kuvera is also folio based. Have a look at the app. You can easily import your existing funds from Paytm money to Kuvera. Have a look at it once

3 Likes

I have imported my paytm mutual funds to Kuvera. Both are folio based.
Kuvera gives good portfolio view of all your investment. You can view EPF, GOLD, Stocks all at one place

3 Likes

Ok thank you for your suggestion

If your MF investment are in folio mode, You don’t need to transfer it to anywhere for closing Paytm Money account.
As such your investment are directly with fund house and you can easily trade in them through your fund house website or through RTA (CAMS/Fintech).

If it is only one fund, my suggestion would be not to transfer. Rather register on fund house website or RTA website and ignore Paytm money account.

3 Likes

What if I want to use the fund as a collateral? I think Paytm Money saves the fund as folio and I want to shift it to zerodha.

In that case you will have to dematerialize you MF holding, which can then allow shift from folio to Zerodha demat account.

Hello AJ, please tell me the steps that you took to transfer your mutual fund units from paytm money to zerodha coin. I have been talking to paytm guys, but nothing meaningful has happened. Also, I cannot see my mutual fund units in the CDSL Easiest account.
I want to transfer because all my stocks are in Zerodah.
Thnank you!

Paytm keeps MF units in non-demat form and COIN stores MF units in demat form.
Conversion of non-demat MF units to demat requires paper works and so on
BTW, why do you want to move it to COIN?

All my stock investments are in zerodha, plus very recently paytm has shaken hands with BSE star, and I believe that when I will redeem the units then it will be a complicated process.

Sell and buy in coin, check how much it may cost you.if small amount than worth it

No, this is out of the equation. I cannot sell it.