Trigger price for stoploss buy orders should be higher than the last traded price Try limit order to buy at a lower price

I was placing BO with SL and i got this error: Trigger price for stoploss buy orders should be higher than the last traded price Try limit order to buy at a lower price. I use BO only, i have placed many order and before this i have never faced this error, did you disabled it? Now how would one buy at lower price then the CMP. because limit order is unreliable and result in unexpected trigger. What should i do? if CMP is 1400 and my strategy is to buy between 1392-1390. i won’t be able to do it.

It wasn’t happening a week ago, i was able to enter the same price in limit and sl to place an order. So when i got the error in Zerodha i open upstox account and tried placing same order there, and i was able to execute that order there then why not on Zerodha

i only use zerodha and i was always able to place Buy BO SL order below the Current market price. now i have to move to the upstox account and i am able to place buy BO(oco) order below the CMP. Please enable that in kite, otherwise how would job people trade? eg. my strategy says buy at 300 and stock open at 305 and eventually comes at 300 after an hour. Limit order sometimes act as market order only and it’s unreliable. so limit order is not an option. see the screenshot, cmp was 309 and i placed buy order at 304 with sl and limit at 304. If i am able to do that in upstox then why not in kite?

1 Like

Try selecting “Limit” instead of “SL” in BO window. Selecting SL throws the error you mentioned. If you want to execute your trade as BUY Market order then enter Limit price above CMP, and vice versa for SELL Market order. Don’t think there is any other way.

The thing is , i want to buy below the CMP,
eg my strategy says buy at 300 and stock open at 305 and eventually comes at 300 after an hour.

and i am able to execute it in upstox but not in kite, please review my screenshots

2 Likes

If you want to buy below CMP, use limit, if you want to buy above CMP use SL.

1 Like