Turn Kite web into a desktop app

I don’t think Zerodha gives any option for popping out the Market Depth in a separate window. We can open multiple shortcut windows and stack them in a way that more than one market depth is visible on the screen at a time but it will be a bit messy and cluttered

yup its little messy
I hope @siva we can get such option to pop-out market depth window also like charts.

When you pop-out a chart, Market Depth is shown on left side for that particular scrip.

1 Like

as I using nt8 for charting I just need market depth pop-up. I am using Pi for that only.

1 Like

Not possible for now.

I too have similar requirements. Actually my wishlist is bigger. Few things I could change/work-around… and I did that. You can have a look here I have written many Tampermonkey based browsers scripts in the past to work efficiently with Zerodha Kite. I am sharing some of them with the community today, hoping they help others too

The web is malleable. It is possible to create some fix for your mkt-depth req in kite. You can open a popup chart window but hide the chart and just show mkt-depth from a user script or a browser extention. But the best solution will be if Zerodha gives a good desktop app.

It is frustrating to see no broker is giving a good desktop app for “trading”. :frowning:

4 Likes

@Prayag Nice to see your screenshot. Glad that at least somebody is using my script. :slight_smile:

1 Like

PWA has his own limitations. You can only open single tab in single window.

You have to open different window for each tab in PWA.

ya but we cant hide chart in this.

Just putting this out there. Whenever Zerodha does decide to make a full-fledged desktop app in the future, do have a look at the desktop software of a foreign broker called Webull. Found it to be the right mix of aesthetics and functionalities. Even with very high information density, it doesn’t overwhelm (maybe due to its color scheme)

7 Likes

please add quick order window like PI with best ask and bid price…

or some setting to set deafult number of lots to trade from chart…

1 Like

Will check on this.

1 Like

Any update on it @siva sir?

Once we start working on default settings we will add this, will take more time.

4 Likes

Hi Siva, Do we have the advance option strategies like butterfly and iron condor in this tool?

1 Like

You can use sensibull for that, can use kite baskets to place orders and use Analyse option on positions page after taking position or baskets on kite to analyse before taking the trade.

The WEB version is very good. One of the features I use very extensively in PI is the sound alert. Any trade executed, PI can announce it very loud and clear.
I am very much interested to know whether similar feature is available in Kite.

2 Likes

I feel keeping positions and Pending order above the market depth makes sense as it is required a lot attention and the existing fonts are too small for liking, I do daily modify the lay out as show in the screenshot and trade and any refresh to the page all the setting reverts to normal

@siva
Keeping Positions and Open Order window above market Depth is really good idea and Zerodha must consider this to implement on Kite web positively. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

पर सुनता कौन है यहाँ ???