Two stoploss order on the same script

I have placed a stoploss(SL-M) order on ASAHIINDIA as shown below(CMP was 387 when I placed my order).

After that I am not able to place another LIMIT or SL-M order on the same script i.e ASAHIDINA. See the error below for rejection.

Is it not possible to create two stop loss orders on the same script?

Let me know how many and which order(s) I need to place if I want to sell my stock if the price goes 90 or less OR 110 or more. If I brought this stock a day before or more from today. i.e I dont want to sell my stock in the range between 90 and 110. Considering 100 is CMP.

If you’ve already placed a stoploss order for your Holding, then what is the purpose of placing another stoploss order for the same Holding?

Hello, is there any feature in Kite /Pi where you can change the Stop-loss and take profit level just by having those lines in kite / pi charts and moving them as your wish?( I haven’t yet got my trading account)

No, there is no feature on Kite where you can use lines on charts to change your stoploss price. You can certainly draw horizontal lines on the chart and move them around to your desired levels, but the stoploss price has to be changed manually by you from the orderbook using the order window.

Even if these kind of SL / Tp level manipulation does effect margin, but yet that could be fixed on maximum limit

@nithin sir, is it possible to have such kind of handy features in your platforms?

Sir, this is not a handy feature. This is a feature very specific to your personal requirement. Features like this, if applicable, could cause complications and is not a wise thing to implement.

On what bases it will cause complications? This is for people who like to see charts and trade! Not for traders who might just see numbers and trade

Well, certainly zerodha can opt for an option in setting about it’s visibility

The dev team will review the feasibility of this feature. For now, you will have to manage your stoploss orders from the orderbook itself.

This feature already available in upstox…and man it is gorgeous.
@nithin need to implement many features of upstox in kite 3.0

Hello srinivas, if I may ask, are you related anyhow to zerodha management?

Well sir, I am a content writer for Zerodha and I post answers, join discussions on TradingQnA. I work remotely from my location. If there is a feature request, then I send the moderators a message at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Zerodha kite is probably best option for traders who seek technical analysis ( mobile app)

Well, I just called Upstox, and they confirmed to me that the only way to change the price of a stoploss order is from the orderbook. They have a buy and sell from chart option, this will come to you in Kite 3.0.

Anyways, but Pi is way better than Kite 2.0 afak traders are concerned!!!

My entry is at price 400, so on the chart I want see any dot or dry perpendicular line, thus it will show me where exactly my entry is and where current price is with visible in between candles and price action…

You used wrong Product ie CNC.
Try using MIS if you want to take fresh position by SL-M
And in 2nd screenshot you didn’t use SL order but limit order
So basically you did everything wrong

One order to stopping more and more losses and one is for booking profit. i.e I want to exit my position in two ways. if stock price moving 90 or less or 110 or more. i.e I want to sell my stocks if stock price is less than 90 or more than 110. Considering 100 is CMP

@maddy_Des I think MIS can be used if you brought stock on the same day. Isn’t it so?

Yes you are right I used LIMIT order.

Let me know how many and which order I need to place if I want to sell my stock if the price goes 90 or less OR 110 or more. If I brought this stock a day before or more from today.

I’m afraid you cannot place two stoploss orders for the position in CNC. You can place a sell limit order as a target or you can place a sell SL order for stoploss. Explained why here.