UI/UX improvement while placing order

@nithin I’ve got a UI/UX suggesstion for the buy/sell window. Allow me to share.

1. The window blocks the view of price of the scripts towards the bottom. This foreground window should not interfere with the background stock prices.

2. The total amount investor would pay/ receive for the buy/ sell order should be displayed. For example, in this screenshot, it should display the total cost of 20 Reliance shares at market price all inclusive of brokerage, STT, .etc. so the investor knows whether he has that much margin available or not (it shows right above this window) before placing his order. Similarly with a sell order.

1 Like
  1. The buy order window can be moved around. Btw, This overlapping seems to be your screen resolution issue. Hold the buy order window and drag it to wherever you want.

1. Just doing the price x quantity is straight forward. But calculating STT etc isn’t really possible . STT is different for intraday and delivery, stamp duty for different states are different (many states have a flat rate per contract note). Also if a client is doing MIS, telling the exact amount is also tricky as it keeps changing during the day. F&O even more trickier as margin required changes based on portfolio(open positions).
    But it is on our list of things to do, maybe in the future we will figure a way to do it without risking performance of the app.

It’s a MacBook Pro 11 inch @ 1366x768 resolution. Superb, could drag and move the window. :+1:

sometimes on kite, when i place an order, it shows in the order tab but does not show in market depth even after i refresh the page. There is a lag. And very often, the feeds stop updating and a red loading bar moves from left to right at the top of the market watch. I’m using chrome on mac. Pls have this checked out. I have a fast internet btw.

This has to do with internet only, may be internet is breaking in between.

At least can we start with this? Every time one thinks of buy/ sell, he has to get a calculator to know the total amount. At least price of script multiplied by the quantity would help. STT extra can be mentioned. At least to begin with. Think from the user’s point of view.

1 Like

Any update on this since we last discussed?
Everytime one thinks of placing an order, one has to keep a calculator along to multiply quantity x price to know how much the total amount is. Whether I have enough margin or not. Please think UX wise from an investor pov. If it could calculate whether total amount is less or equal to the cash and/ or margin available, it would let the order submit. Else it could change color or disable buy button or some other way to alert the user that he is exceeding the margin.

Like I had said earlier, it was straight forward for equity delivery trades. But that isn’t really a big use case for this. This is more important for intraday and F&O trades. We need a solution that can manage over 3 million orders everyday. We are close to replacing the current vendor provided SPAN calculator which can calculate margins upfront with our own. Once that is done and tested for scale, we will introduce the feature on the order window.

1 Like

See, in layman language, say I have gone to the vegetable market to buy some vegetables and fruits, while buying I need to have the knowledge that what quantity I should buy. Whether I am exceeding the money I have in my pocket. So there I do a mental calculation or ask the shopkeeper, kitna hua (how much) and accordingly add more or drop some.

In Kite, that Qty x Price calculation should be suggested by the system while placing an order which would help investors. More so because currently, we need to add funds from our bank a/c to zerodha trading a/c first to place order.

However, as you have mentioned on a different thread that in near future IDFC 3-in-1 a/c would work seamlessly as how HDFC or Axis 3-in-1 a/c where money transfer would happen like charm while placing order. Still that Qty x Price would be a good data to show. Think again!