Unfair Charges by smallcase

Unfair Charges by smallcase

1. smallcase Charges of 100Rs+GST itself is overpriced … I think it should have been 50rs+GST and recently in the name of smallcase Select we are charged Rs200+GST as a onetime fee…isn’t it unfair ?
    i was thinking after recovering initial investment , cost would come down drastically …but it is going the other way round.
  2. what extra effort your team is taking to chery pick this smallcase Select ??
  3. screener monthly fees should also be charged on the similar line of coin platform ( i.e. 50Rs+GST) what is your view on this

Are you afraid somebody might one day upstage you? and before that happens grab it all you can…

1 Like

Hi @Kishor_Chaudhari

As of small case charges : if your basket value is less than 4000/- it is 2.5% and if basket value is greater than 4000/- then its flat 100/-. small case could have even charged 2.5% on the basket value itself but they did have concept of max 100/- which is 20rs brokerage in Zerodha. so I consider they are Fair enough.

Small case is favouring management of your money investing in small case it is called REBALANCE. lets say if we started investing in stocks and both of us are salaried in this case we cannot watch the market and people just took stocks without knowledge in market are on hope that market will go upside in long term. If we would go with SMALL CASE we get to REBALANCE option. so the effort is took for us with experts sitting for our money management so I would give my chery. If we look for returns in SELECTSmall case they are giving THE BEST RETURNS leaving everyone behind and proviing themselves the BEST retuns giver.

screener is basically free and if you choose go premium then you are charged 100rs per month as of basic fearures are free to use so that a newbie is can learn then he does earn so to learn addition features its fair he knows the value of earning.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If I have knowledge of Market then why I would buy the same stock using Smallcase and pay extra charges?

Smallcase is for those who can’t track Market for long term and have no solid idea of Market.

So, to get these services it obvious people Have to pay some extra charges to buy the same stock on Smallcase.

I find these charges good for those who will buy big portfolio for Investors.
But, for those Who will Buy in small quantities I find not very User friendly.

1 Like

not convinced at all … on point 1 and 2
for point 3 : screener.in is free tool and is far better than smalcase screener and it has bse stocks covered too only advantage here with smallcase is that it has premium filters which are good .but just for that 100 rs per month is high fee.

I am not bragging here but smallcase has hugely changed my financial health. Thanks @vasanth_kamath and @Anugrah. I really salute for yours efforts to make such a platform for tiny fees.

3 Likes

Most index mutual funds have 1% exit load, and around 0.3% expense ratio. If I don’t exit before an year, I only have to pay 0.3%. With smallcase, if I invest around 10k per month in a basket, I have to pay 118 rupees, which is around 1.18%. This money being charged is going to be deducted no matter you exit in an year, or 5 years.

I compared with index mutual funds, bcz that’s what you can easily replicate here, without needing a fund manager.

If you are experienced enough to replace a fund manager, you can simply create & track your own basket, by investing separately, and then noting them down in an excel sheet. If you have programming experience, creating a personal dashboard with visible groups won’t be really difficult.

It’s useful if you have to do a large enough one-tie investment. Which is when this 118 becomes low in terms of percentage. Otherwise, they are charging way too high, given the actual service that they are providing.

Another point to note here is that in a Mutual fund. The Manager has a track record and you can see his performance in past year. In Small case, you have no idea if a professional with a track record is managing your portfolio. It could be some college student pass out or just some random person picking the stock.

Also in MFs , you can compare performances against benchmarks with statistics. In small cases, what is benchmark? where are the performance metrics?

1 Like

Correction: I meant “most index funds have no or less than 1% exit load”.