Volume chart green and red

Hi I would like to know what does the red and green bars mean in the volume chart. What does volume up and volume down mean

If the close price of a candle is less than the close price of the previous candle, then the volume bar of that candle will be red.
If the close price of a candle is higher/equal than the close price of the previous candle, then the volume bar of that candle will be green.

1 Like

Incorrect @Srinivas, the latest red volume bar means that the close/LTP price of this candle is less than the close of the previous candle. And the latest green volume bar means that the close/LTP price of this candle is more/equal to the close of the previous candle.

3 Likes

Thank you, sir. I was looking at the close price and i’ve written it as low price, don’t know how I made that mistake. Thanks for correcting.

1 Like

This is What I call Experience and Knowledge.

3 Likes

why does the price of the share affect the colour of the volume bar? Does it not be based on the volume change?

1 Like

The color is based on the stock price as per my response earlier which I have appended below, the reason for the same is volume bar coloured green/red by the volume in the candle does not signify much as the height of the volume bar itself signifies that.

Lakshmikanth_Jadhav
Incorrect @Srinivas, the latest red volume bar means that the close/LTP price of this candle is less than the close of the previous candle. And the latest green volume bar means that the close/LTP price of this candle is more/equal to the close of the previous candle.

2 Likes

What about ghis?

2 Likes

Sir can you explain one thing
Please sir

Sir by seeing this picture
Can you give some suggestions how to guess the next colour in wingo trading
Based on the previous prices.

Can we guess the red or green colour based on previous prices???
Please explain sir

@Lakshmikanth_Jadhav sir, could you please help us in understanding this?

thank you

old but i AGREE lol. I was thinking to myself- Need this man as a mentor. Then you came along and said it better