Webinar/resources etc

I wonder why the gurus are so worried about showing their pnl ? Are they not trading ? Are they in loss with the strategy ? We would definitely like to know whether the guru has enough conviction to put his own money on the line with a strategy he is teaching.

I am not talking about fake screenshots or chrome tool manipulated pnl screenshots. Connect live, share screen and show it to the world.

Gurus always show profit. The problem is only Gurus are showing profits

Nope. Majority of gurus don’t show how they performed. So no point talking about the students.

If they were really profitable, they wouldn’t be Gurus. Just Full Time Traders.
If some profitable trader is really dying to help others, he would do it for free. He will just share his knowledge on one of the online forums like this one for free with fellow traders

At the same time, i don’t think we can easily transfer skills. It takes time and effort and learner has to apply info and adapt. So its easily possible for someone to learn from someone and conclude that it does not work( more likely i think) while someone else might derive value from same info. All of this assuming that info has any value at all which often is not the case.

A ready made system someone can share and as long as it works it should be fine if trader can keep his emotional balance. But finding new ideas, tweaking, understanding, adapting all of this takes time in market too.

Anyway, i have repeated it few times but info from this guy is great as long as you don’t expect instant success and ready made systems. Whatever little success i have managed so far is down to his work ( after suffering through other things … )

1 Like

Completely mechanical systems are easy to follow when passed on from guru to student.

Fully or partly discretionary systems are difficult to follow as student discretionary actions may not match with gurus. Classic example is discretionary adjustments in some option selling strategies.

Trading is not just buying and selling something. We need to have a hang of strategy accuracy and risk reward. Then estimate a capital to account for our bet size and drawdowns. Then follow the strategy persistently as if our life depends on it.

I agree but trust in that system wont be easy to develop whether its mechanical or discretionary. There is no holy grail so every system will probably have suffering phases.
And to complicate things markets can and have changed behavior. Its much less likely but possible and hence the need to diversify and be able to adapt in the long run.
Anyway these things are fun too if we keep pnl changes aside. For next few years i am going to keep diversifying in systems, styles and timeframes (only one main intraday mechanical system right now), lets see…

Why only PnL, ask for IT returns for last 5 years etc.

1 Like

All Guru’s start with good karmic Intentions.

Intentions like enriching the flock with the fountain of knowledge they acquired during their own career.

Soon into this journey of imparting knowledge the Guru’s themselves learn something new, a new insight that “there is more money to be made from inspiring and making others trade than risking their own money to trade.” Eventually most Guru’s will fall victim to this new found knowledge and rot themselves out.

Lol :rofl:
If they were earning enough to file an ITR they wouldn’t have become Guru looking for clients.
Try asking for ITR and be ready to be showered with all kinds of abuses.

1 Like

I don’t believe in all these gurus. If they were so knowledgeable, they would have been profitable and too busy with their trades. They would not have been wasting their time fooling people.

you can’t genralize everyone under one umbrella, some are genuine as well

I see no problem in watching a scammer only if he provides value

*I’ve never spent a dime on any course or workshop, neither do i encourage

“Gurus” this word is used over extensively these days (negative sense)

even if someone sells a course, what’s the problem? as long as you get value & no fake promise, it’s justified

adding more,

on youtube 90% of people who teach trading fall under category of delivering no value, fake hope, etc
shallow people

just chose your guru carefully :joy: