Weekly trading diary : 23rd Feb - 1st March 2018 - Updated Thread

Bad day today couldn’t recover from red…

how is the worst over ?

has govt agreed to bail them out?

Worst is yet to come bro. A 11000 crore loss will wreak havoc on the bank’s asset quality and customer confidence. It will take years for pnb to bounce back. I myself work in banking sector so know the risks involved

2 Likes

Exactly , this is what i expected.

But some people here are hell bent on buying it ,just because it dropped by 25% and think its a bargain.

You may be right , it has some itching “Funds” but not all lost , PNB can recover money by selling Defaulters properties , even the defaulter , at one point stated that , he is ready to return 6000 CR

It’s because You are Trading in mostly fear of losing money until you not recover from this fear Majority of time you will face Loss.

1 Like

Decided to try somethign new with condor . :smile:
after every 200pt move , close the condor and create another equidistant condor … ( if there is a 400/600pt fall ,then have to lock the condor for pft/loss and forget till expiry :wink: )
if it works , then probably i will double the quantity …

@iSTFF @Lets_Invest

4 Likes

Did you carry the positions for monday?

yep …
i coverd 25600 ce + 25200 pe condor
initiated 25400 ce + 25000 pe condor and carrying

this strategy is new to me as well …

Fantastic! Was this opened yesterday?
Not very clear what this means => “if there is a 400/600pt fall ,then have to lock the condor for pft/loss and forget till expiry”.

Got stopped out. If i had just let the trade square off would be earning 10k .

thats the typical adjustment that we use todo when the spot moves beyond the expected range …

if there is a 400/500pt movement before i could cover , instead of booking loss we have todo some adjustment on one of the legs to lock the pft/loss …

like if bank nifty moved to 24800 today , i would have covered my 25600 CE call and shorted 24800 call … this will bring very minimal loss in the end ( like 20/30pts max ) , but we have to wait till expiry

1 Like

You should check this blog for advanced condors…
Canadian option trader,sharing all his trades live with journal,…(one of greatest option seller with consistent profits) my second best blog after option alpha…
https://ltoptions.com/
It’s tough to understand for me but may works for you for new adjustment or learning…

6 Likes

@Shivang_Chauhan
I am suspecting that like every other wannabe novice trader who jump into market without knowing s**t and taking pains of learning, you also know literary nothing about market/trading/orders and started ranting here!!!
Bhai, Pehele sikh liya karo.
Limit order LTP/CMP ke upar dala to ghanta yahi hone wala hai!

@Shivang_Chauhan
"i have experienced rbi policy day back in december and lost 90% on investment on bank nifty call"

This was you few days back. Actually you came on forum just week back, and since day 1 you are like "Mera nuksan hua, Broker bhar dega kay??"
Volatility, Order types, order filling etc- you know nothing about these things.
Dear, I am saying all this only out of concern for you. You are behaving as if your family has lots of back money and you are in urgent need of wasting it. If you are so desperate, plz transfer money to my bank account, at least ek garib ki dua milegi! :stuck_out_tongue:
First learn, then earn

:smile: :smile:
1/3 of market cap of pnb eaten away by nirav modi…
1/3 of cap eroded in last 3 session…
Remaining 1/3 … ???
:smile: :smile:
Aaj nahi to kal govt has to back PNB … After all LIC is largest public stake holder of this…
Good time to accumulate…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bro @VelmuruganSengottai i think Ashwani gujral watches this thread , today i saw , what he said on a social web site , see AG

1 Like

He gets those messages from everyone I guess. His idea is strong money management and always go with the flow.

1 Like

Here I am stuggling to make some small profit :slight_smile: but others are making profit in thousands and thousands… :wink:
where am i missing ?

bro …

both this condor and butterfly are basic startegies … only the name is flashy , there are 100s of sites saying the samething
basically in both we will be shorting the call and put , and hedge it with further call and put

for ex:-
now banknifty is at 25200

butterfly - sell 25200 call and put ( same strike ) … hedge it with long 25600 call and 24800 put ( hedged strikes can be anythng )

condor - sell 25400 call and 25000 put ( different strike ) … hedge it with long 25800 ce and 24600 pe ( you can buy other strikes as well )

2 Likes