Weekly trading diary: Nov Week 2, Profit/Loss for 6 Nov - 10 Nov

When I was doing Internship at Motilal Oswal Financial Services.
I will Not Disclose The Name He is Very Famous you can find Video on YouTube Bloomberg.

I was under Sir Guidance for 3 months.
The things which I learned their Was exceptional.
“If you are good in something keep doing it”

1 Like

Commodities move like tortoise but yes they have big effect. But tell you, there’s heavy speculation in commodities prices & market makers create news which is shown on leading business channels with sole purpose of driving commodity prices. .
There’s less tranparency in commodities as to how the price movement happens which is most of the time controlled by govt, big institutions nationally & globally etc. The prices are driven mostly by rumors, false data news, and offcourse genuine news too. But slow moving commodities are capable of bringing big profits & losses.

I am not going deep with sharing examples when false news by cnbc awaaz created price hike & later after couple of weeks, same channel anchor smiling & telling different story about castor seeds production!!
From surplus stock to shortage in kharif crops! All nonsense created by business daily. Same happens with crude when price starts crashing then news will break that saudis cut OPEC crude supply!

Same with sugar, business channels report that some X lac metric tonnes stock in surplus but all at sudden later they create news for sugar shortage & less production based on survey. Also govt interferes after deciding with market makers to increase sugar byproducts price like ethanol prices & sugar stocks rally.

Its all big game being played everywhere. I feel commodities are less safe than volatile stocks.
Suppose if there are 100 traders in entire market & 95 traders have short positions in a commodity which is trading at a lifetime high. Then keeping in view that 95 traders have short positions & despite all technicals fundamentals & over supply, bumper monsoon output (incase of agro commodities) , the market makers will move the prices further up & against those 95 traders only.

3 Likes

I always start with 3 profit trades in early the morning. The 4th trade most of not only ate away all my profits but made me huge lost. From tomorrow, I will tame myself. :smile: I will also have to loosen my attachment to South Bank.

In between, I am overwhelmed by mid-cap stocks. I have to tame my bullishness.

If you know this it’s better to avoid 4th Trade.
Once you Achive your target in 3rd Trades Stop Trading.

2 Likes

Booked small profit of 4.5k in NBCC

1 Like

Anyone Booking Profit in Nifty?
Selling Pressure has been triggered at 10430.

@Tapovan_Vashisht_Vik You kill overbought stocks like Genghis Khan in his prime.

Can you please paste your trade data of NBCC?

No need for that. Yes today NBCC was a good buy.

Overbought & oversold strategy doesn’t always work in stocks with strong trend

:joy: Yesterday due to paucity of time caused by office work i could not trade else i would have beaten the … out of Titan :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m sending u that in ur msg

thanks buddy…

@Spaceship, This depends on the target sir. Always depends on the target. And placing a target is a natural progression while entering the trade.

My Mother took her first real trades today !!!
She is 58 yrs old, retired School teacher, author and my friend, philosopher and guide.
She took nearly 1 month to learn everything about Stock Market.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::grinning::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Did I forget to mention…She is greatest Mom in the world

3 Likes
1 Like

A lesson to fellow novice traders.

Another thing worth mentioning is that, She never listens to me while taking trade (since backtesting practice time also.)
Many times we both have opposite views…but she always remain stuck to her own views…
And still we both have nearly 70-80% positive trades…
As it turned out this is simply because of our different psychlogy.
I am a bull so my mind always work to identify long signals
She is a bear trader. She mostly took short trades in backtesting also.
Even today her both trades are Short ones!!
Moral: Never listen to FRIENDS/tips while taking trades

1 Like