Weekly trading diary : November 2017 Week 5 : 27 Nov - 1 Dec

No, but i did not want my profit to turn into loss that’s why kept a stop loss at 1310. :slight_smile: Not sure though if it was the best i could do to maximize my profit.

Okay good. :+1::+1::+1:

I also made quick 1300 Rs by trading GBP INR. :slight_smile: … beginners luck i guess

I follow a rule of Maximum Profit.
When I see Profits more than My expectations I exit on the spot. After that I Don’t care about that trade and move to next Opportunities.

2 Likes

I too feel its a good strategy but controlling the greed is the biggest problem.

Shorting opportunity again at 86.21

Shall I buy delivery of avanti feeds @camp also suggest about Reliance industries delivery @950

Was hesitant to cut my position at the start of the day when the initial fall happened. Thought the momentum would go little longer and i was eager to put a Target order but misjudged to place a stop loss order.

Hoped that the downtrend would continue but market bucked my theory.

Will try to sell off the position tomorrow as Bank Nifty may breakout on the upside at any time

Hello,
How do we knew the support & resistance for future stocks / Index instead of equity levels??

Same happened with me i had a call on 10400…panic sold today little did i know it would recover EOD.

1 Like

Markets are behaving crazily. Now the Singapore Nifty is trading lower. May be its good that you exited bro

Today was an interesting day. Nifty was not moving much in the morning. Took few small trades with just 9-10 points targets and effectively they are just at breakeven.

Only important trade is:
Bought nifty dec fut @ 10405 in morning, sell @10423 at 2pm.
I had some things to take care of and so closed the trade with market order at this time with whatever profit it made.
Now interestingly, my actual target was 10450 and i already had a limit sell order set for that before 2pm, but i completely forgot about it after the square off. So, effectively i had put 2 sell orders for the same buy and forgot about the 2nd sell order. Obviously when the price reached the second order limit price, that was also triggered and at eod when i checked, i found out the open short position.

Not exactly sure about the days profit, need to wait for the contract notes. I don’t at all believe the positions page on zerodha for checking my days profit/loss.

1 Like

Similar observations here. Sgx is always pushing the price down at opening since it recently touched 10400.
But just a few days ago, when nifty spot was closing around 10325-10350, sgx was everyday pushing it higher at opening.

Its almost like sgx just wants to keep it between 10360-10370.

1 Like

Glad its a short position. Try to square off in the early sessions of tomorrow.

Yes, will wait for spot to reach 10350.

1 Like

Cool. All the best Bro

Good morning guys, I am new to this forum. I want to ask one simple question regarding options.

For options calculations and every other purposes, do we use the price of the stock in cash or futures segment? Thanks!

Guys, what are you trading today? Any trades with good Risk? Reward ratio?
I have following in mind -
hdfcbank - Break Out
maruti - Break Out
reliance - Break Out
icicibank - Swing
TCS - Swing and BO
Eicher - Swing.
IGL - BO

It depends on which IV value tht u use. If the IV is calculated using Cash price, Cash price has to be used as the Underlying. The IV values tht r quoted on NSE website is with Cash price as Underlying, quoted at the top of Option Chain data.