Weekly trading diary: November Week 3, Profit/Loss for 13 Nov - 17 Nov 2017

Guys how can we see chart of Nifty and BankNifty in Kite? I can only see their Futures chart. Pls help.

LOL !! You have a success ratio of 100% for starting trades over last one & a half months!

And still you are looking for recovering your losses by selling your strategy!! IRONY.

You would be billionaire if your strategy works even above 60% !! Let leave alone 90 - 100% success rate.

No such strategy exists nor will ever exist. Bitter truth! You are deluded.

2 Likes

Hey @navo Just Add The Index And Move Your Mouse Pointer To Index and You will see These Options.
Just Click on Chart and You are Done.

Sir, thank you so much! You made my weekend fruitful now :slight_smile:

Sir, thank you so much! You made my weekend fruitful now :slight_smile:

Hey @navo Brother. Don’t Call me Sir. We are here to help eachother.

Its been a bitter day for me though i got the bank nifty put option when the bank index was up at 1.76%. Scared that market may go up and ended up buying OTM call option.

But I am still positive that Bank Nifty is strong and there is room for more upward movement.

P.S: I traded with stoploss except for the last order and that made it worse.

True, but I think you are more experienced professional than I am…that’s why sir.

Don’t get me wrong and I don’t want to sound that I’m preaching. Generally when Bank NIfty gaps up by more than 300 pts, there is major profit booking, therefore - prudent to either not take fresh longs or reduce volume and sell.

1 Like

Bad day For you @Vigneshwaran_Vick Brother it a Part of our Life Someday we Book loss Someday we book Profit.
Lets Hope You Recover this loss very soon.

1 Like

I incurred losses, big league usually from third or later intraday… Looks like you are not catching what’s being said. I always ended with two straight profits in morning trades but the losses ate them up by the time market closes. I admit already that taming oneself is harder than saying that I will not trade anymore after two successful trades. Strict discipline is must, but it cannot be cultivated as a routine overnight… Need to tame myself to get more on the profit side.

See example of Friday’s first two buys and sells below.

I should have stopped after these two… But like I said I went on to buy another one hoping to get more… But ended up with not only having lost all the profits, but my capital as well. Taming the bull in me still is a difficult task… :smile:

1 Like

how much capital you use for trading ?

About Rs 38000 for this particular trade.

You could have done this trade in Futures.

1 Like

In market watch search INDICES and select from drawdown lists.

1 Like

Please guide me on Futures… Is it the same as buying and selling within the same day…

Moving in a range, 85.8 to 86.3 . There is less chance to break upside than downside hence shorted on high and profit booked at low but never position reversed!!!

Yes, It’s same like buying & Selling within the same day or You can hold the Position till Expiry (Overnight positions in Futures are very Risky Because the Lot size are huge)

Lets take example of your PNB trade.
Lot Size of PNB is 3500.
You colud have done this trade in Rs 12,600/- using Bracket Order/Cover Order.
Leverage 55.00x

But the problem with this the Skills to handle this 55.00x Leverage.
You need strong Heart to trade in Futures.
I have seen Many Times my Loss is going in 6-7k in Just single Trade but I know it will end in Profit and yes it mostly end in Profit.
If you are ready to see This much Loss and Your Heart Beat will not Increasing Then Yes, you are ready to trade in Futues.

Example:-

I Took This Trade on 05 oct 2017 10:34 AM.
See, My Current Loss in ICIL Fut Rs.5075.00

I Took one more Trade in JUSTDIAL After This Trade but the MAX Loss i saw was Rs.360/-

And This was the End of That day.

If you have the Skills and you are not faint-hearted then you make Money in Futures.
(Futures is not for New Traders)

2 Likes

No !! You are not getting it what I m saying!

Read again, I said u have 100% success rate for “starting trades” of past 1 & a half months.

Starting trades = I meant initial trades taken in day trading.

Secondly your strategy is extremely risky. Jumping into the ocean right on the start of markets. Its suicidal.

Thirdly, dont listen to others advising you to trade futures intraday. You will cry!

You can use bracket or cover orders for leverage upto 27X but anything beyond that never do it.

If u dont want bracket orders then open one additional trading account with other brokers offering high leverage in MIS.

If u will use leverage for intraday futures , u are doing something u cant afford. Markets wont give u another chance to get up.

I have seen people losing big money because of using high leverage. Its better to keep additional capital than using alarmingly high leverage.

Otherwise you wont survive long.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you shed more light into this bracket order thing?