What are the top frustrations of zerodha platforms like Kite, Coin, console etc.?

What are the top frustrations of zerodha platforms like Kite, Coin, console etc.?
I hope Admins won’t unlist this useful discussion.

Some of my list are:

1. Kite Mobile web on mobile is not same as kite desktop. So no sorting, filtering etc on order list, holdings etc. This is serious issue if you have to login to 2 accounts on mobile and use all the features.

2. Kite mobile does not show the percentage profit for positions.

3. IRR for over all holdings and individual holdings are not displayed. I like ICICI Direct for this,

There are more and I will add them here soon. Please let us help zerodha in identifying the areas of improvement.

If you want to login to 2 kite accounts, just use the built-in dual app feature of your smartphone. And if your smartphone doesn’t have this feature built-in, then you can download dual apps from Google Play Store as well, there are many such apps which supports this.

1 Like

Thanks tried it - worked like a charm !!

Adding more :

1. Kite Mobile web on mobile is not same as kite desktop. So no sorting, filtering etc on order list, holdings etc. This is serious issue if you have to login to 2 accounts on mobile and use all the features. Can use more than one kite mobile as explained by above post but still kite web should have these capabilities.
  2. Kite mobile does not show the percentage profit for positions
  3. IRR for over all holdings and individual holdings are not displayed. I like ICICI Direct for this,
  4. App fatigue: kite, console, coin - we have to remember which app does what.
  5. Charges, fees, brokerage etc. should be highlighted better in one place.
  6. Cumulative Realized loss/profit is not at all shown. This is very well done in ICIC Direct. We need to see the cumulative loss/profit for the account displayed under holdings along with current unrealized gains. Lot of new traders are unaware of this. For ex: it may show one lakh profit now. But, it does not show the booked loss of say 3 lakhs !
  7. Most annoying: Why the order does not default to AMO during after market hours? It is so annoying to set to AMO every time.
  8. Serious usability issues:
    a. From the ‘Add/Buy’ position, you can’t switch to ‘Exit/Sell’. You have to click back and then touch the the script and start again.
    b. Say you newer place NRML order but by default it often selects NRML. How frustrating it is every time you have to change to CNC or MIS etc.
    c. poor contrast of fonts especially in Light mode. Very difficult to read.
    d. No option to set default filter options for all watch list or holdings. Its reset everytime you login.
    e. Can’t change the exchanges (BSE /NSE ) in the order window !!
    f. Very bad naming standards: LT and L&TFH. HINDUNILVR for HLL. Seriously ? There are so many.
    g, If i search for some XYZ in holdings and if I don’t have it, apart from showing ‘No holdings’, please still give me option to ‘buy’ so that i don’t have to go back to watchlist, search the same again, then buy etc.

There are more and I will add them here soon. Please let us help Zerodha in identifying the areas of improvement.

1 Like

Do tag someone from Zerodha, like ‘Siva’ to let them know these concerns.

Checking these, will reply after few days as few more may come.

I have one “top frustration” as well. Is it possible to rearrange the order of baskets created? Because once we create a basket, it gets fixated. I would like to rearrange them as per my priority. Question to the community - Is it something that is faced by you as well?

Naming standards?? Zerodha just shows NSE symbols of the companies, which is great. They don’t show made up names/symbols like ICICI Direct!!

I was not aware that these are actually NSE symbols. Are these really the NSE symbols?
Then, ICICI Direct and all the other brokers should be made to use the standard NSE symbols. Because of these naming differences, consolidating holdings across different accounts using excel becomes very difficult. Can someone take it fwd with NSE - may be tweet them?

May be you can take the initiative of tweeting NSE instead of waiting on someone else🤔

I do it all the time but more the merrier ,:smiley:

1 Like

Few more :

1. I would like to have the option
    of togglingg on and off the watch list so that I can see the chart etc more by toggling it off.
  2. Invested amount is not displayed in kite web Holdings
  3. Can never get the Kite web of desktop on mobile chrome even after using the ‘desktop site’ option.

Yes, absolutely these are NSE symbols. You can verify on the NSE site if you wish to.

Adding my list —

Kite Web:

1. Bracket orders cannot be placed for CNC. I need to place one Entry order in GTT and one OCO order for Target and SL in another GTT. Sharekhan allows bracket orders for CNC.
  2. The UI is stultifying. Only the central 60% of the screen is occupied with WatchList and Orderbook/Holdings/Positions Panels, the Extreme left and right 20%+20% is blank space which can be filled up with news feeds, sentiment indicators, global market trends, or other useful information. Check international broker platforms to see how well they make use of the screen real estate. There is no unused space at all.
  3. Scanner, Tickertape, and Streak can be integrated in the page without having to open a separate window for each of these applications.
  4. The company logo can be used in the chart window below the name of the scrip when we open a chart for a specific scrip (check Thinkorswim to see what I mean).
  5. Earnings and other company events can be integrated in the chart itself. TradingView has this in their standalone platform. Unfortunately the TradingView charts in Kite does not have it.
  6. Automatic order cancellation is not available. Say I want to enter a trader before 12:30 p.m. and if my entry conditions are not satisfied till 12:30 p.m. I should have a way to automatically cancel the order. All these can be done using API key but this feature can be integrated and made available for all by Zerodha.

7. My biggest complaint – 75 min candlestick is not available either in ChartIQ or TradingView. TradingView has this in their paid version. This needs to be addressed immediately and made available for all.

Coin :

1. NRIs cannot invest through Coin.
1 Like

Superb points. Keep them coming. Let’s help zerodha and overselves that way.

There are unlimited features that are required each taking its own time and associated costs of building them. This will indeed require lots of capital and resources such as hiring more engineers. Although I have no say or interest in how Zerodha runs its business but from what I have heard you guys have essentially bootstrapped the company which definitely is not easy to do and I also don’t think the founders have any interest in raising outside capital. But, it makes sense to raise outside capital to improve your offerings further and to extend your market share because ultimately what a company aims for is growth and that shouldn’t come at a cost of overextension. As a consumer & a market observer I haven’t seen any radical changes to your offerings other than little UI changes and backend improvements. Maybe it’s time you should research more on what customers want and invest a bit in R&D annd experiement with new stuff but that’s just only my opinion.

2 Likes