What exactly is True Beacon?

Not sure if the recent Zerodha Gambit or cheating act done by Nikhil Kamat will impact the reputation of true beacon ?! He is the CIO of truebeacon for godsake - Should not have cheated in a chess game with Grand Master Viswanathan Anand

Not only he cheated , he boasted as if it was his skill and luck during post match interview. Shameful act by the CIO

And his apology is not even sincere - Full of ego and bashing attitude thinking all is fine !

I am an avid chess follower. Vishy was playing multiple celebs simultaneously, which is why its a little disappointing that one would try to comp attack him. Nikhil started with a weird pawn blunder and then transformed everything. I think it became apparent in the middle game that something was going on.

And Nikhil probably wanted to lose the game on time, I think he tried losing :stuck_out_tongue: . He dragged it towards the end (in simpler position) and had only 13 seconds, but Vishy resigned. Vishy did not want to blitz his non-GM opponent in a time coup.

All I know about True Beacon is that it is built on client alignment through a zero standing-fee model, and a conservative investment approach along with liquidity and tech-enabled transparency.

1 Like

All was fine - but why on post match commentary Nikhil talked as if it was his idea/move and he was lucky. He was basically giving gyaan and also in his prev interview he talks highly about chess and he used to play competitive chess etc., One should not be bragging about cheating - Thats what offended so many … Could have accepted then and there only ! It was only matter of time, the engine usage was detected - Why not be upfront about it ?

1 Like

Nikhil made a mistake. I suspect the idea was to look smart in the game and then deliberately lose on time.

Anyways, I think what happens is people don’t want to look silly on a big stage. And Nikhil was nervous. See his first move. He anticipated E4 and made that pawn push without thinking, losing it. After that he lent on the computers to get his ‘smarts’ back, so to speak.

I think I understand him. This can happen sometimes you know. I suppose he tried to make an apology that didn’t feel like an apology, but it’s alright.

Here, the game:

Yes, Vishy resigning while he could have won by simply wasting 13 seconds, to win on time, and later his explanation tweet was the real check-mate with grace.

Haar ke jeetne wale ko baazigar kehte hain…

But the intent surely affects Zerodha’s reputation. Hope they are listening and immediately stop unnecessary interviews and PR to let it cool down.

If there are new Zerodha features releasing soon, it would help as the work would speak for itself rather than their interviews .etc. That’s how it should always be rather than unnecessary interviews every now and then and becoming poster boys. You become an easy target that way.

1 Like

He’s youngest billionaire, being little egoistic could be accepted. At least don’t think he is trying to be Elon Musk of India.
Jokes apart personally I would look this incident as Humorous , not serious. But yeah maybe chess fans could be somewhat offended.

Ethics and core values are something that is seen at small level and portrayed/impacts at bigger level.

When you portray yourself as Chess Prodigy but cheat openly like this, everyone will question all the life story, statements he made earlier !

3 Likes

Yes I get what you’r saying but let’s see how it plays out ,I don’t think this matter to be serious. I would have had asked nithin for his opinion but it won’t be appropriate here.

Nikhil’s account is reinstated as Chess.com has decided it was done in good faith and he only made a mistake. I think they have taken note of his apology.

This thread has gone off-topic. The posts should either be deleted or moved to a different thread.

this is a pure marketing statement

1 Like

why are we discussing about chess here…this post was for true beacon right… :grinning:

We brought that point since the CIO of True Beacon used to give statements that he used to play competitive chess earlier and was very good at it

But still cheated the heck out and behaved as if he was talented.

For AIF funds, everything depends on the trust and integrity of few key folks and this questions the trust, ethics, integrity of a main person behind True beacon !

5 Likes

True Beacon is a hedge fund which is a specialized fund that offers protection against risks. These funds target banks, insurance companies, HNIs or High Net worth Individuals, etc. as their potential customers.

It’s a kind of conservative funding investment. Not so clear about their working methods but they focus on client aligned AIF.

@gowtham4 do you know how to become an investor in True Beacon or how to express interest? I guess it’s a “by invitation only” thing? :slight_smile:

You can just mail them at True Beacon some one from the team will call back!

Just a question to @nithin
Why don’t set up a hedge fund based in middle East or Singapore where the taxes are pretty low so that returns can be maximised

1 Like

And raise money where? Internationally or locally? If it is international money, most hedge funds run an international setup. If it is local money, it can’t go out and come back in.

1 Like

can you tell me whole procedure to invest in True Beacon AIF?

1 Like