What happen if i Short then place a Buy order on same script with different quantities?

Sharing my experience of how I learn different concepts …may be learning about trading system ,order type or indicators. Read the theoretical part, visualize them in mind of how they work. But don’t assume that you have got grip over it and pass on to the next learning. Instead trade with smaller quantities and apply whatever you have learned recently. Observe and tally what you learnt theoretically is matching with practical experience. This way you learn fast. Just my way of learning things.

2 Likes

There is better way bro…
Just paper trade

1 Like

@Arun9999
Just stop reading varsity etc.
Go to NSE website and start trading from tomorrow in NSEPaathshala.
For TA practice just visit chartmantra.economictimes.com

1 Like

yes sir I agree…paper trade is there. But doing it in real time with real trades with smaller quantities will help to learn about our emotional response to various behaviours of trades. I too did paper trades, but found that the emotion part is missing.

I am using NSEPAATASALA but that was not much effective. Is there any charts(graphs) with realtime values other than trading terminal without delay.

Ya…
But let me tell you what happened or just happened or was about to happen to me.
I was teaching trading to my brother…
HE insisted on doing trade in small quantities just like you…
He selected SBIN
now as I saw in horror he put in selected market order type…then remembered something about putting in limit…put 250 in quantity and was about to hit buy…
So basically rather than buying 1 quantity for 250 he was ordering 250 quantity at market price…

The other day he just forgot to square off his position…
Hence I prefer paper trade for newbies

1 Like

You can watch charts all you can from trading terminal…
Just punch in orders in moneybhai or icicidirect virtual or NSEpaathshala.
I used to do the same.
Watch indicators from kite and trade on money bhai

1 Like

@sudheer_kumar Tell me your learning sources at the beginning stage.

I accidentally stumbled upon tradingqna site and varsity during google searching about investing and trading and since then I took it as a base for my learning. I feel that the content provided here is very simple to learn compared to other sources available out there.

3 Likes

@maddy_Des @sudheer_kumar
Thank u very much for u r valuable information .

Welcome…
My sincere advice nay urging.
Practice TA on chartmantra
Practice trading on moneybhai