What happens if order is not filled in 3:40 to 4:00 post market session?

What happens if an order is only half filled or unfilled in the post-market session?

Pending CNC order gets cancelled at 4pm…

In case of, Intraday short covering after post market. goes for short delivery and later auctioned out.

Can the client place the post market orders by his own directly with his own laptop computer or the client has to call the broker to do so ?

Yes you can place directly.

if the client could not exit his MIS cash equity position before 3.30 pm ; can the client exit that position in the post market timing (3.40pm to 4pm) ? and that order should be placed in NRML or MIS or CNC ?

If there is an open position exists under MIS, the RMS team will square off the existing position before 3:30 pm.

Check this support article.

If for some reason mis short position is not sqaured off can it be square off if orders are available on post market session

if there is any manual or system failure at the client level or at the RMS level and if could not exit the MIS cash equity position before 3.30 pm ; can the client exit (or will the RMS do it) that position in the post market timing (3.40pm to 4pm) ? and that order should be placed in NRML or MIS or CNC ? what if the client and RMS both try to do it ? then what will happen ? then again new position would be created or what ?

1 Like

@siva @nithin

First of all client should close it before 3.20, if not we will try to close it, for any reason if it fails we may try closing in post market, after 3.20 client can’t exit from his end. Hence the onus is on client to close it before 3.20.

dear Siva ; I m very particular and specific about my questions !

(1) can the client trade in post market from his own laptop computer ? if yes ;then why can’t he exit the position on his own ? if No ; then the client should call the zerodha to make the trade or what ?

(2) if there is any manual or system failure at the client level or at the RMS level and if could not exit the MIS cash equity position before 3.30 pm ; can the client exit (or will the RMS do it) that position in the post market timing (3.40pm to 4pm) ? what if the client and RMS both try to do it ? then what will happen ? then again new position would be created or what ?

(3) and that order should be placed in NRML or MIS or CNC ?

I replied to your questions in a proper way, please don’t waste our time. I have said this to you many times, consider us also as humans, please.

1 Like