What happens when you register for CDSL easi?

@nithin sir, Yesterday when I was checking my mails and read one from CDSL about easi so I registered, but then I came to know about how it can make POA to Zerodha ineffective, so I have few questions:-

1. Does only “registering” itself can make Zerodha POA ineffective?
  2. I want to keep Zerodha POA active & don’t want to transfer shares manually, so
    do I have to send POA again
    or
    can I just deregister from CDSL easi and it will become active again?
  3. In case of absence or ineffectiveness of POA, what happens to mutual funds units in demat?

When you register for CDSL Easi there will be no ineffectiveness of your POA and moreover, CDSL easi will be used to access your demat account through the internet to check the details of holdings and/or transactions, anytime anywhere, through CDSL’s website www.cdslindia.com.

I think you would be referring to CDSL easiest in which when you register the broker loses the POA over your DEMAT.
Ideally when you register for the CDSL Easiest the DP ( Zerodha ) will get an approval request for CDSL easiest registration when DP approves your request then POA would be ineffective so we at zerodha recommend using DIS (delivery instruction slips) for share transfers, the request would be rejected from our end

You will not be able to see the mutual funds. Also, you will not be able to redeem mutual funds until you submit the PoA.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply.

1 Like