What has gotten into SEBI?

SEBI has ideas to increase lot size etc to discourage retail traders
Creating artificial barriers is a retrograde move!
Say NO to artificial barriers!

Education/awareness is the best risk mgmt tool!

Plz sign the petition!& Spread the word!

https://goo.gl/aKWUq9

3 Likes

SEBI has ideas to increase lot size etc to discourage retail traders
Creating artificial barriers is a retrograde move!
Say NO to artificial barriers!

Education/awareness is the best risk mgmt tool!

Plz sign the petition! & Spread the word!

https://goo.gl/aKWUq9

1 Like

After this publication , i was suspecting of some ’ project cooking by SEBI board members" it seems that , SEBI is interested in pushing Algo trading, trying to help Algo traders , Algo traders , don’t like retail traders who trades single lots , after going through latest announcement from SEBI , its a question mark on SEBI intentions.

The other way is to reducce the lot size…which I dont think that can happen…I US markets they have lot size of 100…If SEBI wants to protect retail investors, they can certainly make lot size smaller…I think the rationale behind SEBI decision is to promote efficient cash market. They do not want people to speculate more. they want people to stay invested.

you got that right.

They do want people to stay invested and not gamble their money away.

stay invested ?

ru thinking all investors are making money and becoming billionaires ?

how many investors are losing money ?

if hedging not possible any black swan event occurs where will investors go ?

Are your saying people should gamble by trading?.

Sure go ahead, its your money.

Ask warren buffet & many other investors if they make money.

investors need not go anywhere. They will do just fine even after a black swan event. Its the traders that get wiped out after black swan events.

Could you stop preaching here dude ? You did the same in another thread also and got kicked out.
Go start another thread with the title “Why Investing is better than trading”. Dont distort this discussion.

EVERBODY PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION !

I will not stop preaching sir.
If you don’t like it ,you can quit this forum.
And I did not get kicked out of any thread.i leave by my own choice.

1 Like

I talked to some guys in US and they say, their brokers ask some questionnaire and after clients answering them they are good to go for derivatives trading. No other restrictions !!!

Also please read this wonderful article http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/susan-thomas-retail-trade-in-derivatives-is-there-really-a-problem-114081700654_1.html @trader_dude especially you.

And just why do u think they have made it easy for them to trade on leverage. It’s in their best interest to do so.

Article is fine,but nothing wonderful about it.

Look buddy,it’s your money.if u want to gamble I can’t stop. Go ahead and gamble recklessly. It’s good for institutions ,the brokers govt and institutions will be very happy.

It talks sense isnt it ?

Yep, there you have it again !.. TRADING = GAMBLING !
EDIT: preach preach preach !!!

Can’t say if it makes any sense.

Yes, ur correct in saying
trading = gambling.

Well THIS HAS TO MAKE SENSE then !

Dude, if you want to discuss if trading is gambling or not, start another thread. Not here please. Dont divert attention from SEBI issue in this thread. I hope you understand the basic rules of how a discussion is conducted in a forum like this. I told you the same in my previous post, still you started the gambling rant again. I cant be anymore clearer than this !

don’t tell me what or how to behave on forums.completely uncalled for.

If u don’t like my comments.ignore me. It’s that simple.

And yes trading is gambling whether u like it or not.

And sebi is doing the right thing.

End of discussion.

I started this thread to discuss about SEBI and its mindless rules, not about discussing moral/philosophical questions. Even after repeatedly requesting you, you are adamant about contaminating this thread. Thats totally and absolutely uncalled for !!! BTW if you are so interested in ranting about trading and gambling why are you not starting your own thread. What right do you have to come to my thread and disturb the on going discussions ??? Dont you understand this much ??? Dont you have this much manners at least ?
Oh god ! Now this thread is becoming a thread about how to conduct a forum discussion.
Now take some more sense. YES SEBI IS DOING THE RIGHT THING …

If you are too lazy to start your own thread I will start it for you dont worry.Come over !

@p699 @trader_dude guys please stop arguing. let’s discuss something productive.

1 Like

if you want people to agree to your views , you should open a private forum and allow only those people who agree with you.

like i said you are always free to ignore me and my views,but you cannot open a public thread and say stop disturbing my thread, just because i dont agree with your views. This is just ridiculous.
So yes its you who must understand how public forums work.

I m completely within my right to come to your thread and give my views. you can choose to answer or ignore. I m not forcing you to answer me.

BTW there is no need to open a discussion on whether trading is gambling or not. Trading is gambling , there is no argument in that.

I have challenged many to prove otherwise ,all ran away from forums.

Prove to me that trading is not gambling.

SEBI’s board meeting…

"To reflect global initiatives on product suitability, a framework has been approved. Individual investors may freely take exposure in the market(cash and derivatives) upto a computed exposure based on their disclosed income as per their Income Tax Return(ITR) over a period of time. For exposure beyond the computed exposure, the intermediary would be required to undertake rigorous due diligence and take appropriate documentation from the investor. "

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63516953.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Again, why and how income should be related to the exposure? What about someone retired with no income?
Why is sebi thinking of overly regulating to the extent that it is getting into the individual’s right to trade? Something that doesn’t sound very logical.
In any case the exposure is limited to the margin money available with the broker.

2 Likes