What Indicators to use to for selling/booking profit in stocks? For an Investor

Hello, I am investor trying to combine fundamental and technical analysis. Based on experience, can someone suggest to me the best technical indicators for buying and selling (more importantly). Today, I am doing ad hoc buying / selling and that is not very useful. Want to come up with some indicators that will help me do this task with ease. Thanks.

I read it as, you created indicators and want to sell to investors :moneybag:

Sorry, no. I am looking for guidance on what indicators to use.

There are many indicators out there, but for investing purposes, you can check MACD and RSI. Try them on daily charts and weekly charts. Look for past days and months and see how price has moved, and if you have dates and prices where you have sold, check those dates and prices with the indicators’ signals, and see if the indicators are reliable or not.

Indicators do something, but it is also about how they suit our investing or trading. Also remember that depending on some news, the indicators’ signals can change quickly.

So this is not like remote or a mobile, click and it is done, this is more of combining a lot of things and coming to a conclusion. Even then, prices may reverse after we have taken an action.

And in addition to this, have some understanding of the charts, it helps with investing.

1 Like

Weekly charts with Moving averages are a good tool to use when to exit. Not necessarily the best exit point but never get caught holding the bag when the market takes a tumble.

You can read more about the idea on this book - https://amzn.to/3AGtjQl ( Trade Like a Stock Market Wizard: How to Achieve Super Performance in Stocks in Any Market)

Just look at a very good example of a stock like BSOFT weekly chart.

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you. Will check it out.

Which is reliable indicator, with buy sell signal, daily chart?Thank you sir.

Which MA u r referring EMA, SMA , Daily, weekly? Please

If you are asking me, then I am not using any indicator.

@jashjacob, WHICH MA U R USING
EMA/ SMA, DAILY WEEKLY?
THANK YOU SIR.

Weekly 10,20 SMA.