What is a Stock Market?

A Game? A Place for Gambling? or a Business full of strategies? I’m new to markets and trading from one week. I did not understand anything about markets. Markets are out of my imagination…Is it impossible to predict markets? Is it impossible to be a successful trader?? How to learn about Stock Markets?

2 Likes

Your question is simple but the answer to it not that easy…Its possible to be successful but takes years and should bear losses…

1 Like

Hi Ravi it can be anything “A Game? A Place for Gambling? or a Business full of strategies?” it depends how you mind set is… As you said you new, you need time to understand how markets work, if you looking at making some money out of Stock Market’s on a regular basis, it takes a lot of dedication, passion, hard work etc all come over time and not over night… Time = Money.

Their is nothing impossible in life…

“You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.” - Will Smith (Pursuit of Happyness)

Their are lot’s of ways to learn about markets where do you want to start? nothing will teach you well then applying things pratically, try doing in small orders little money, once you learn how to manage your emotions, time, money… you good to go.

Happy Trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you trade like a Gambler in stock market, its Gambling. If you trade like a Business Man, its Business. If you trade like a Professional Investor, its Investment.

If you try to Predict the market, its Gambling.

If you try to Speculate the market, its Investing.

Check this eligibility calculator if you are new.

http://www.fiis.in/stock-eligibility-calculator/

1 Like

A stock market is a facilitator who collects the capital money from the general public and organizational investors and gives it to a person/group who is in need of funds. It could be somebody who wants to open a new company, or somebody who wants to expand their business and is in need of funds.

The capital money is split into a number of small money, each priced as a single share. These shares are later traded in the stock market and moves hand from one person to another person. Someone may be willing to buy a share for a higher price (demand) and someone may be interested to sell a share he had already purchased at a lower price (supply), Due to supply and demand share prices rise and fall. These actions are executed and monitored by a stock market.

A Game? No

A Place for Gambling? No

or a Business full of strategies? Partially yes

Is it impossible to predict markets? I would call it as an educated probability view

Is it impossible to be a successful trader?? Quite possible, you can become successful if you put in your efforts, if you are in the market for long run, you will understand better.

How to learn about Stock Markets? You are in the right track, continue reading stuffs on zerodha dn ask questions, visit NSE website and read some basic pdf files, see some youtube videos. Moreover the more you spend your time in learing about markets the more you will learn, its a slow and steady prcoess.

1 Like

Yes, it is not a game or gambling. It is place where knowledgeable person can make the profit via investment. To understand the market you should first read about it as much as you learn you will get the good information.Before jump into the market know about them properly. When you will not you will be aware what you have to do, same as with the stock market. Here I am mention a link which will help you to know what should keep in mind, when we are in stock market.

1 Like

Shares are small pieces of a company. Shares can be bought by humans, companies, and mutual funds. When buying shares in a company, the buyer owns a small part of that company. You are in the right track, continue reading stuffs on zerodha dn ask questions, visit NSE website and read some basic pdf files, see some youtube videos. Moreover the more you spend your time in learing about markets the more you will learn, its a slow and steady prcoess. The price of a share can be based on many different things. The main thing that affects the price is the balance between supply and demand.you well then applying things pratically, try doing in small orders little money, once you learn how to manage your emotions, time If many buyers want to buy a stock the price goes up. If there are more sellers than buyers, the price goes down

1 Like

Yes Astro, Ravi seems to my twin brother - new kids in stocks , Yesterday I learnt about a gentleman who made 1.1 Lac in a single day / two trades after being 13 months in the market. As you say to learn deep & move slowly but steadily is the key , it seems. Good luck all.

The stock market is a platform where an investor buys stock and securities in order to gain profit by selling it in exchange for the desired amount. All trading is done by the trader under an exchange called stock exchange. There are two types of largest exchange BSE and NSE. Bombay stock exchange and national stock exchange.
An investor can get good income by following latest trends and techniques of share market.

A stock market, equity market or share market is the aggregation of buyers and sellers of stocks, which represent ownership claims on businesses.