What is going on in the stock market in today's time, nothing is understood, can anyone tell

No one will be able to give an exact answer, its because we need to assume few variables to calculate the others.

There is theta of 1 day, change will vega will be negligible and the main thing that changes will be delta.

18350 PE is in the money, so it has intrinsic value (strike price minus ATM)*lot . So every 50pts nifty falls, the premium of 18350 will go up by 50 minimum

1 Like

I was looking at options arbitrage, there is almost no edge in them, all algo trading has removed the edge, very difficult to find discrepancy. @GB26
I had read Jason Castelino’s post somewhere on this forum about arbitrage in options. I have been trying to find a good one since then.

Are you trying to find his post or any other post? If it is his, tag his name.

What I think is, although a lot of choices are available, some things may require bigger capital. So it is not enough that a choice is available, we learn about it, we can even be good at it, but we need bigger capital. Does options arbitrage require bigger capital?

According to what i have read anything with options and futures requires bigger capital than what i have. I am just learning and reading about them. I cant execute the trades. I am with equity, trading couple of shares here and there and making tea money,

Next step :coffee:

Next :beer:

Next :wine_glass:

Next :champagne:

I was thinking more like tea money to breakfast money to lunch money to daily wage to weekly to monthly to yearly. No money for parties.

Eat
Trade
Sleep
Repeat

It is called a metaphor, not to be taken literally, not to be taken as presented. You can substitute it with anything you like.

:tea:

:motorcycle:

:red_car:

:house:

I only knew about camphor.

From double digit profits and single digit losses i am trying to go to next level of triple digit profits and double digit losses. One step at a time.

1 Like

:grin:

You should say low double digit, because 99 is also double digit. You are not making 99% :grin:

Or are you making 99% :roll_eyes:

Not in terms of percentage, more like 10-99 rupees. I trade less than 5 shares :smile:

If i made 99% returns I would pass Warren Buffett’s net worth before he passes 100.

It does not matter how small we trade, it is always about how we are faring. As and when we learn more, practice more and experience more, we can scale up.

Even I trade small, the thought of scaling up comes to mind occasionally but I am not confident enough, because I make frequent losses too, along with frequent profits. Also, I am yet to settle with a risk:return, so thinking of increasing return %, thinking of waiting till a little more profit.

So learning and experience should guide the allocation of more capital.

You cannot, he is super duper mega elite rich, check his net worth and do the math :roll_eyes:

And don’t forget to change his dollars to rupees :grin:

Have you seen when we type and post the post, it says “MarginCaller replying…” below, but I cant see anything after. I think this forum has a ghost.

No, sometimes people post long posts, we see them typing, but in between the typing, it does not show.

Some other times, people start typing, we see them typing, they stop, they leave, we don’t see them, but the tab could be open, they come back again and type, we see them again.

And sometimes they want to post and type, we see them, but within seconds they don’t want to post, so they stop, we don’t see them, again they want to post, and we see them again :grin:

1 Like

Today took trade in IOC and made 40 rupees, more nimbu paani.

1 Like

Long or short? What was the reason for your win?

Long ioc, the price opened above yesterdays close and yesterdays high, was above pivot and vwap. Went long keeping the low as stop. got in at 70.5 and kept moving the stop to higher lows being formed after 71 got out at 72, stop hit. 30 shares 45 before brokerage and tax.
it is showing 42.25 after brokerage and tax in calculator.

So trailing SL got hit, and you came out of the trade?

Did not take another trade?

Yup , moved the stop once 1:1 rr is achieved.

Right now i am taking only one trade per day, from next week will increase. I am getting comfortable trading slightly bigger amount than last week.

I am also noting down previous days high and low and looking at how the price reacts to those levels. It is interesting.

Are you selecting a stock to trade in the night, or are you selecting after the market is opened?