What is going on in the stock market in today's time, nothing is understood, can anyone tell

I think best is to figure out answer yourself. A rule may not apply in another context. In my case, i have never found a system that works better by taking early profits in intraday - Not once.

So this applies to all newbies - absorb all advice and ideas. But verify and adapt for your use case. Nothing like asking the market for answers to build up confidence rather than blinding following anyone ( including me).

2 Likes

Corrected

1 Like

True. Take from every which way you can, create your own model.

Just like visiting a vegetable market, purchase whatever you are interested in, make your own salad :grin:

1 Like

Yeah thats what i have been saying. Market is so volatile. One day gap down and moving down, then suddenly next day huge gap up. Intraday is the only way i see. I am very new to the markets. My thought is generating consistent profit in trading is the most toughest job. You lose time, health and money. Darn it. Even if we work hard there is no guarantee i will end up positive. Even if I made no mistake i might make money even if i do everything right i might lose money. My mind is blown. There is no path like in other jobs.

1 Like

Gap up and Gap down kis karan se hota hai :thinking: @Gnome @GB26 @neha1101 @Jason_Castelino

Nahi pata mere bhai. Main bhi naya hoon market mein. Abhi abhi seekh raha hoon.

3 Likes

Problem with market is even if i make a salad with good ingredients it might taste like hell. :slight_smile: :smile:

Learn then make salad😅

1 Like

Humare market foreign markets ke rishte mein hai, all are interconnected markets, jaha bhi jo bhi hota hai, yaha kuch hota hai.

Trading is not for everyone, i think most will be better off with job + passive investing.
You need capital, edge, risk management and patience and be able to accept/manage uncertainty.

2 Likes

It is not about the ingredients per se, it is about how you mix them, this is the art part, ingredients is the science part :grin:

1 Like

Experienced traders please help me out here. What is the probability of a person of making consistent profit in the markets trading?

1 Like

One good thing i think i am doing is investing in all bees and MON100. First i wanted to invest in mutual fund but got confused with so many of them so went with all the bees and MON100 for foreign markets. Are those investments good decision?

What I can say is that, it is definitely not easy, does not happen overnight, one has to learn, practice, modify, learn new, implement, tinker, and on and on and on, until you can create something that serves you.

1 Like

Very well said. Every time I think I know it all to be profitable, a new problem appears. Lol.
Then I have to modify my system.

2 Likes

Depends on what you consider as consistent. If that’s month after month of steady profits with no drawdown, i don’t think that’s really possible or even worth fussing about. It seems most newbies are obsessed with this, holy grail does not exist - markets are competitive ! Only arbitrage type stuff or HFT type edges might be able to do this. And perhaps option sellers (just guessing based on what others claim) but they will have their own risks to deal with and returns will probably be low.

Year on year too is not certain but i think its reasonably possible with intraday trading. If someone cannot accept this, he is better off quitting early in my opinion. That said with multi year with compounding, financial freedom should be possible if starting capital is not too low.

1 Like

I know it will not happen overnight. I think i answered to you in another thread. I am just learning and have kept aside some money to learn. If i lose it then i will not be broke. Also I dont want to shy away from trying. I know there is a huge probability I wont be a trader. But i do want to try and see.
I just wanted to know like what is the percentage of traders who really make consistent profit.

If i go to youtube seems like every person there is making loads of money. I know it is not realistic at all. So asked.

1 Like

Geographical diversification if meant for just diversification works, but to expect any return is tough, as it is an investment in a foreign country, so obviously we don’t have any control over what happens there, not one bit.

Another aspect is that, what percentage of your investments are invested in these foreign products, if it is in single digit, even if the investment doubles, it is not going to make any meaningful difference.

Great strategy in investing in indexes.
I would suggest that keep it up, but when indexes are at high levels, you can invest more in debt funds, eg. Liquid debt funds, ultra short debt funds. And whenever markets fall next time, slowly slowly shift money from this debt fund to your indexes.
this way you will be able to buy more at lower prices.

1 Like

Large concentration is on Indian markets but have like 15% of my portfolio in mon100