What is going on in the stock market in today's time, nothing is understood, can anyone tell

Natural. A lot of things puzzle us when we encounter them for the first time, so once we know the nature of those things, if we humbly accept that, our minds are not blown anymore. There will be occasional surprises, our of the blue incidents, but no mind blowing.

So we understand, accept and work our way around it. Be it the universe, be it the stock market.

There was a psychology video in sensibull , I don’t exactly remember but in one of their videos somewhere they mention a line like this “almost all markets out there always have price manipulators and we should always be careful”. It really resonated with me because if you see stock market or commodity market or currency market or even crypto , there are always price manipulators present who are mostly big institutions , big banks etc.
So when fundamentals , news events nothing makes sense with stock market think of it like big institutions are manipulating the price. This happens a lot and is normalised in stock market.

Just stick with your risk management, scaling out , stop losses and money management and be consistent.

2 Likes

Lots of market reaction in very short term is technical in nature. Its called short covering or long unwinding. This leads to very powerful rally as people tends to adjust there positions ( booking loss or Buying opposite direction to neutralize there position)

1 Like

look at what Peter lynch said in 1991, still holds true.

1 Like

You have actually made her point i think.
If things don’t change, INR has steadily lost value against USD in the long term for forever. So atleast it makes sense for diversification. Not sure about nasdaq though as that’s picking a sector vs SP500. It has worked for last decade or so.
Things can change ofc, India can become a net exporter or something else.

FWIW, a trader i learnt from has a bearish view (not necessarily bearish position which is TA based) on US stocks for next few years due to multiple factors including yield inversion ( which has preceded tough years with very high accuracy - but not 100% ofc).

2 Likes

Fire and Gnome playing ‘post and delete’ game :video_game:

How did you find today’s market movements? Better ? Or blown away again ? :grimacing:

Today’s market is sideways

1 Like

fire was saying there are some people who control all the markets, kept referring to them as ‘they’. I don’t know if that was true so i said its a question only they can answer if there are this ‘they’.

Today also mind blown but not much because all the weekdays the market was opening big gap ups and gap down, but now after 2 days gap after market opened no gap up or gap down. what is this? More like mind froze today.

Yes, I read that. He mentioned retail along with FIIs and DIIs, retail are not responsible across the market, their presence is increasing but is limited.

2 Likes

Fire thinks there are some chosen people by someone/something who are controlling all the market movements. I have a feeling fire is talking about the youtube multi crorepatis or some hidden chosen force.

Either way fire thinks ‘they’ exist. I dont know. I am a new person in the market.

At the top level, like super top, top top top level, there may exist some forces unrelated to market, but who has all the power in the world, who can move anything, markets included.

Gamestop like things happen very rarely but not regularly, although retail participation is increasing, which is benefiting our market.

“They” definitely exist. One can spot them by reading volume bars along with price action.

Most of the time “They” say either follow them or get lost. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Are you talking about institutions?

Yes.

1 Like

Market blows my mind everyday. Everyday i learn something new.

Markets are competitive. In liquid instruments, it does not seem very likely that a single group can control things too much without causing self harm. Multiple entities might agree and move price one way or another based on news/anticipation/etc - sure, but there is no my way or the highway from anyone. Market movements can be quite random, but edges are there and edges might also evolve based on competition/market participants etc.

Conspiracy theory is a product of the mind …

1 Like

World population to cross 8 billion today as we are trading. More consumers. More traders. More money. Mind blown. 5k more needed for 8 billion right now.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

:+1:

1 Like

Watching the live meter right now. :innocent:
Learning so much looking at this population meter.So much data and graphs on this. Mind blown.

Edit1 : 4k more needed right now.
Edit 2: 3k more needed to cross 8 billion mark.
Edit 3: 2k more needed. Closing in to 8 billion humans on this planet.
Edit 4: 1k more needed. Alright 8 billion here humans come.

Here we go 8 billion crossed. Time 1330hrs IST

2 Likes