What is the best Tablet for trading? I want to see live charts on a tablet

Well, if you want to use a tablet for trading and you want to have live charts, the only option you have is to go in for a Windows 8.1 tablet because that runs Windows which means that you can install any exe based trading terminal. Right now, Dell, Acer, etc. have some good tablets available on the market - make sure the version of Windows is 8.1. These tablets are hybrids between tablets and PCs allowing you to seamlessly work like you would on a desktop and then easily just use the touch screen. You even have a detachable keyboard on some.

If your intention is to get any tablet, you have tons to pick from based on every price and specs range. Most brokers have mobile/tablet versions of their trading terminal which can do almost everything your trading terminal can do, but I’m quite certain all of them have very basic charts. These charts are usually only day charts with no analysis capabilities.

3 Likes

Please note that Apple iPad doesn’t support flash. So basic candlestick chart from google finance is not available in apple and for that matter on samsung.

Tablet with windows 8.1 is a good choice. Make sure that you browse the tablet couple of hours so that you are comfortable with UI before making a purchase.

My personal view is trading on the go (while traveling) is difficult as it has too many distractions.

Just my two cents (a year later), and I can’t speak for anyone else, but I would want a small device that had desktop capabilities like the Win 8.1 tablet, not for creating trades but to just manage them. The problem for me is there are indicators that won’t show up in some sort of android device.

So with that said, any change of thinking as to which tablet or other mobile device that can handle this task? I’m starting to use Interactive Brokers along with ThinkorSwim to trade with.

if I buy a Windows tab. How will the zerodha kite home window look like. Will it be similar to laptop ?market watch on left side and chat on the right side?.

2.Any difference between laptop kite and tablet kite??

3.Can I run pi using Windows tab??

1 Like

Chekout Surface Pro. Its light weight and will meet all the requirements of PC.