What is the difference between bid & ask quantity and total bid & ask quantity as showed in pi market watch?

bid quantity - it means price that buyer is ready to pay for any stock or commodity…

ask quantity - it means price at which seller is ready to sell any stock or commodity…

total bid quanity - it means total number of buyers in that particular stock or commodity.

total ask quantity - it means total number of seller in that particular stock or commodity…

thanks for reply but I already know what you have answered , I want to know the difference between these two blocks defined on the market watch of pi i.e (bid and ask quantity) and [TOTAL bid and ask quantity] because both of them shows different values
lets say if bid quantity is showing 22 and and total bid quantity is showing 1000 what does that means ?
pls reply if you know.

bro… let assume you are trading in dlf… when price is at 104 you see 22 in bid quantity…
simirarly. when price is trading at 106… you see 78 as bid quantity…
and when it is trading at 108… you see 900 as bid quantity…
but when you look at total bid quantity in your Pi … than it is showing 1000…
what it means?
it means… as i said earlier…
total bid quanity - it means total number of buyers in that particular stock or commodity.
so, it means 22+78+900 = 1000

you can also check this link… to know more about volumes… http://zerodha.com/varsity/chapter/volumes/
hope…i clear you doubt… if don’t… plzz ask again… i will try again to clear your doubt…

1 Like

is there a way to code the same in zerodha pi? like if i want to do some math based on total bid and ask, is there any function or methods available to achieve it?

HI, Could you explain

IF I want to Buy which price i should look at (BID or ASK)