What is the Minimum configuration required in laptop for trading

Hi,

I want to buy a laptop only for trading purpose;What should be the minimum configurations or please suggest any particular model or brand of the same if possible.

Thanks

Hi,

There is no such limitation for laptop configuration to setup programs for trade.

Main is you should have good internet because prices fluctuates every fraction of second. So  to get latest prices good internet is required.

For configuration you can go with 4 GB RAM, 2-4 core.

Dell & HP have good laptops for personal use category.

1 Like

You don’t need a very high end laptop/PC for trading, a basic configuration Lappie will do good. I suggest you to buy a cheaper model, and as you progress in your trading (once you start making good profits) you can upgrade your lappie.

2 Likes

I use a laptop with a Pentium I3 processor @1.4 GHz and 4 GB Ram. It works fine for me. But working on a 14" monitor is a BIG Huge pain in the long run. So I purchased an extra 24"monitor and the going is good on the eyes.

The Net connection speed is the most important. Although I dot have any accurate figure, I have noticed that a minimum of 4Mbps speed is desirable. I use a 4G airtel dongle.

1 Like

If you are a technical analyst go for a bigger screen laptops.

if you want to add an extra monitor in future.go for little higher specs like i3,4gb ram.if not micromax new laptop(17000/-) is sufficient.

1 Like

Nope even 512kbps will do, what more important is constant and good latency. check if u r getting around 50-70 ms ping for google and more important it should be constant not erratic.( RTO n all )

Traders hope all doing good,
If any trade in laptop/desktop please suggest me the good configuration (specs) of laptop/desktop in (windows os) of any brand to install the trading software and trade smoothly with them without any lag.
anyone can suggest me?

I use a i5 4th Gen laptop with 4GB of ram and it works flawlessly for using Kite on Chrome. Though I’d suggest you to get latest model, if your budget is around 30-35k you can find decent i3 8th gen laptop’s and most come with SSD as well so performance won’t be any issue.

Any trading software you install and use?

Budget is not an issue!

It should be capable of running trading software without any lag and a good battery life.

Working/ trading with a laptop is not a good idea. Desktops are good for professional traders as daily trading involves long hours of running the machines and desktops are best suited for the profession. Although, laptops are suitable if we can not stay at one place always. So for casual trading only, go for laptops. Running laptops longer hours daily affects Battery life performance and may decay in short periods so not advisable. Processor i3 or i5, 4 gb RAM, atleast 15 Inch display, and minimum of 250 GB HDD is enough for trading and its software environment. Above this configuration is just extra expenses what i believe if the the machine is used purely for trading only.

No, I only use Kite through Chrome.

In that case go for a i5 8th gen laptop, will come with 8GB of ram, enough for flawless performance + future proof. will cost you around 40-50k online, check Flipkart or Amazon.

1 Like

dell laptops with 4gb ram worked fine . im using since 2 years till now no problem . get high display monitor for bigger picture

1 Like