What is your favourite indicator and why?

I can’t find exponential moving average in Kite charts. Any help with it?

Select ‘moving average’ and select ‘exponential’ from type.

2 Likes

that was quick, thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Myself sir.
But I trade based on the trend in 15 min.

1 Like

What makes difference in quick gain or picking right price to buy or sell trading with 15min vs 5 vs 3 mins chart

Trend will change sometimes based on news. So if have good money management. U can go for 15 min.

I would like to know and have discussion around the favorite technical indicators for Intraday Trading ?

9EMA and 21 EMA - take positions very close to these EMAs.

50SMA, 200 SMA and Pivot Points - use them as resistance and support levels.

CCI - for determining momentum, its more reactive than RSI and is not range bound like RSI so prefer CCI.

1 Like

I Use 3 Combinations.

1. Hiken Ashi
  2. Stocastik Momentum indicator.
  3. EMA (5,20,50)

With 5 Min Candel

Keltner channels & Average true range for picking SL,along with classic price action i.e support & resistances, trend lines & reliable chart patterns like double top, double bottom, breakout failures and pullbacks…all this combined with candle by candle analysis worked the best for me!

Good to know that. What is your success vs failure ratios with these patterns ?

Isn’t it too many indicators at a time ?
Could you please some your analysis with us, using these indicators. It might be helpful for many of us.

1 Like

Its Almost 70-30 Ratio. And All Depends On The Risk To Reward Ratio. I Used To Have 1:1.5-3 Ratio For Stoploss And Target. So If I Get One Trade It Made My Day. And If I Used To Have loss Then i Take Two Trades And Then stop My Trading.

Well…its actually just 2 indicators, one is keltner channel & the other is ATR. If a candle closes above or below the keltner channel bands, its a sign of over extension.

Now for example, lets say the over extension is at a support area or a pullback or a double bottom, along with that there is bullish engulfing or a pin bar/hammer, there is confluence and i would consider going long, entering using a smaller time frame for my entry.

My stop loss would be 1 tick below the ATR & the target would be the previous swing high pivot point.

1 Like

What do you think about the difference between EMA and WMA in terms catching the price action?
Which one is better for

1. Intraday
  2. short term

The 2 indicators that tops my list:

SELF Discipline and SELF Confidence.

The rest is all optional.

3 Likes

Could you please elaborate

1.bolinger band + {m.a5’ma10}
2.macd
3.rsi
Time frame 30m