What was your aha moment

I don’t want money when my teeth are falling apart

1 Like

He was always rich, he became one in top 10 in his 80s.

Also, Buffett did not have these kind of opportunities. These days so many are starting in 20s and 30s, so if one can do this for 30 years, he will still be in 50s or 60s.

And there is lot to do, explore and experience even in 50s and 60s :grinning:

And BTW, when Buffett’s name is mentioned, it is a compliment, a name that many respect and revere in the investing world. There is lot to learn from him, financially and otherwise.

1 Like

I suppose you mean 2% per trade allocation and not with entire capital. There is a difference.

If you have a consistent system, you should get into options. 2% index etf profit means more than doubling in options :wink:

I believe she meant capital. If it’s per trade allocation then that’s hardly anything.
Best to ask is what’s your XIRR??

1 Like

She takes cash market trades. 2% avg per trade in 30 minutes must be in that.

Know your XIRR : Excel Calculations

If you bother to find out here is some help.

1 Like

I love when you guys start chatting.

2 Likes

And I love the way you ignore our questions. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What’s the point? Since, you intentionally don’t try to get it.

1 Like

this is all i need to hear up

2 Likes

When would you say we should calculate XIRR, should we do that after number of trades or after number of months, or both?

There are many many ways to make in the market.

Education helps, analytical thinking helps, doing calculations in head helps, knowing yourself helps, capital helps, guidance helps, books help, experience help, truth helps etc etc.

Having deity Lakshmi’s DP may help too :grin:

3 Likes

You can do it anytime. I update it on weekly basis. Or somethings if nothing is happening in the market.
My xirr actually doesn’t move much because there is data of past 5 years. I should have crazy returns or a big fall in my portfolio for it to change.
For smaller duration it will vary a lot. Because I have given the same workings to friends and their reruns change like 20 percent to 40 percent every month.
Since you are there in market from 2 years if you can gather all data I feel it will be stable.

2 Likes

having churned up shit load abount of material…now it feels absurd just with trying to learn smthing new

Is he able to achieve same returns even with 5cr? Just curious.

has it ever happend with everyone that you found a holy grail?

happend with me the moment I realised VIX is too powerful

1 Like

That’s funny cause schools and colleges never teach about money. If you ask any b.com, CA student they have no idea too. My school had one economics ph.d teacher that wrote paper which was a big thing. When I asked how to make money in stock market she said " only rich people trade and make money", this was back in 2011

3 Likes

2% per month is fantastic return, if you are able to continue with the same you will make great money.

1 Like

Yeah investing and other things about money have to be taught in schools and colleges, I agree. This aspect is very important in adult life.

1 Like

Which is normally practiced. As of now I am doing with every trade, just to get a perspective. It is tedious but I guess this is as close as one can get to knowing the returns. And like you said, it is fluctuating wildly per day. The ins and outs each day are changing the return, obviously.

But if we take a month’s numbers, wouldn’t that wrong, if there are trades almost every day? The return will be less compared to having the numbers calculated daily, or is this generally practiced or suggested?