What was your aha moment

Didn’t think of this, sounds logical.

What about the dates? I ask this because, if I look at each trade separately, the result is almost absolute, best possible result, but if I take all of them as a bunch, the return is less than the single trades. Should I use end of the month or end of the year? What has been your professional experience?

I keep asking this because, if I come to know the return I am getting is good, I want to scale up.

Not allowed

Answered this few days back. Not sure who asked. Anyways. I am not allowed to audit my own books. An unrelated party has to audit my books.

Not as easy as you have made it look. If it’s a case of audit without documents an expense won’t be allowed. Its a matter of even losing our membership.

They may or may not. But if proved guilty then I lose my membership.
Totally unrelated. If you kill someone and nobody knows about it what will happen?? You can walk free. The problem starts only when you are caught. Income tax is a self assessment tax. Declare what you want. If you haven’t made rigt declaration then you will have to face consequences if caught.

Not half an hour, obviously. My capital has been dormant for the whole year.

1 Like

You see the opportunity cost here ??? So unless you have withdrawn the amount from Zerodha it still should carry cost.

I think I have given all possible explanation in the separate post. Please go through it. It will explain each and every doubt you have.

Again sharing.
Know your XIRR : Excel Calculations

2 Likes

today I learned something new

I did see that thread, but at that time, I was focusing on how to calculate, it was new to me then. Now I want to calculate it precisely, so as to know where I stand and if I can scale up :grinning:

1 Like

It won’t take more than 15 mins if you are comfy with excel. I prepared that sheet 2 years back. I already had 3 years data and I took not more than half an hour.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Well there is something I learnt , this is from all those tiny crazy expats from US who work are in remote from Lisbon , bali, thailand. They don’t pay any income taxes.

Does someone pay taxes of if they moved to nepal or Bhutan or srilanka became NRI and trades and makes gains in NSE?

2 Likes

That’s the spirit SpongeBob, learn, learn and learn till you say enough is enough, I don’t need anymore :grinning:

1 Like

Strongly Agree.

Couldn’t agree more, and I think RJ was talking about Buffett.

You have to pay taxes if trading in nse.NRIs pays taxes whatever income they earn in india.

Also, i didn’t get remote work doesn’t means you avoid paying taxes,if salary is credited in US. They must be freelancers you talking about getting paid in other countries?

Freelancers but most of are contractors Dev’s, analyst, ux designer , backend devs and even scrum master & BA’s too. Bali was quite famous for this even including Thailand. And life is good too albeit for a bachelor. I mean currency is weak so good quality of life.

1 Like

Didn’t any of your sold stock call went in the money in these 3 years ?

Can you elaborate what you want to say here ? It is not possible for any person whether he is an NRI or Freelancer. ‘Money earned in India (on NSE) is taxable in India’

1 Like

Can you summerise it from yourside a little bit as what perspective you get through this book in your trading? That would be very helpful!

I make adjustment by moving it to next month at a slightly higher level. Or sometimes I sell futures, wait for that dip for few days and then switch back to selling call. HUL in specific I didn’t want to make adjustment. I am still selling 2500 call. So it’s still in the money. If it comes below then I willl move my call higher. Or else it’s fine after few months I will give delivery.