When can I sell share in CNC segment?

I purchased MCX stock yesterday in CNC segment. Can I sell it today?

Yes, you can. The stocks will show up as T1 holdings in your portfolio, and if you sell today, the transaction would be a BTST (Buy Today, Sell tomorrow) transaction. There’s a slight risk in BTST trades which is explained here.

1 Like

Wont that be considered short selling since I dont have stocks in my demat account ?

Short selling is allowed only in intraday not for delivery. If we sell stock, it should be delivered in t+2 days. Even intraday short sell coming with this risk. You can check the detailed explaination here.

word "short selling* has nothing to with time , if that is what you are asking … cnc order can be sold anytime

As u told it is a MCX segment you can short sell them because they r in futures.
Short selling is not possible for stocks (equity) delivery segment

Yes you can sell it today and this type of transaction called btst btst is allow in some stocks only so if you buy the stock which is not come in btst then you can’t sell the stock in next day it will sell only after two days

Just as important as it is to buy a good stock at the proper time, you should also know when is the best time to sell one. While trading, selling is just as important as buying. Even the best stocks will sometimes break out and then drop to slightly below their ideal buy point. If your stock declines more than 8% it usually means something is wrong with your chosen entry point, the company, its industry, the general market, or all the above. One of the greatest feelings is seeing your stock’s price go up. But how long should you let it ride before taking cash off the table? During a healthy market uptrend, it’s smart to take most profits at 20%-25%.

To know more, Please Check : MarketSmith India