When do you enter an intraday position?

Do you have a set of rules you follow before you enter an intraday position? What is your logic when you enter an intraday position?

@iSTFF @portfolioplus911 @Sanket @saiography @harshendrasingh @SureshG @Spaceship @vijender88 @akshatc24 @SurajM @Rajiv1 @Swapnil_Chaure @Sandeep7 @Dhruv_JC @btr @vvn2023 @gopchem @billions @TraderVenk @Vigneshwaran_Vick @Lets_Invest @vicky_kothari @VelmuruganSengottai @pravesh @zy9599 @mexpress @Neeluru_Anji @sid @raheel265 @Tah_Original @umabathy @Lakshmikanth_Jadhav @Siddharth_Dharod @ktm @samarth_bajaj @mac76 @roopansh @Vishnu_Venugopal @Pawan_Singh @Venkateshwaran_Murug @TraderVenk @goldb @hm.evots @Debanjan_ghosh @PrashDn @Naarayanan @Sarvadaman_banerjee @mparmar @hydtrader @goku @raaki @Srinivas and other traders… please do add your views.

4 Likes

My rules
1.trade only Nifty 50, nifty auto, nifty fmcg,nifty metal, nifty 100 scrips
2… more volume if they are from nifty50 and 100.
Slightly less volume for others
3. Keep watching nfty 50 index if u see it negative and positive, then i will not trade.
4. Nifty should start positive and stay positive.
5. Keep market watch of above scrips so it will give u fair idea which sectos are moving.
Still there are more videos i wish I could show my videos to you.

2 Likes

9:30 to 10:15

after that i go for another work.Let market work for me.

close at 3:00pm.

1 Like

Usually after 945am as I like to see good patterns before entering - basically not a choppy pattern.

I try to take positions when price retraces/pulls back to the 9EMA.

Stop loss is usually at 21EMA or previous support/resistance levels or the ATR value (absolute value).

2 Likes

I Follow These Quick Steps when any Stock Comes in my watchlist During Intraday.

1. Open chart

2. I Look back for Price Movement of 4-5 Days.

3. Quickly Look at Current PE Ratio & 52 week High & Low and Day High & Low.

4. If I get confused between two Stocks I choose the high-beta stocks.

5. Now, Comes My Moving averages and Price Action Stratergy.

6. I also Check the Market depth to Just get a view what happening in stock. (Although I don’t give preference to Market depth )

7. Now, My Experience Tells me what to do with the stock Should I enter or Not? Should I Buy or Sell?
    Using My Experience I initiate the Trade according to Current Condition

4 Likes

I don’t do intraday. I tried it few times but it always resulted in loss all the time. So i decided to stick with delivery for now.

2 Likes

enter as usual unless any special situation outside

2 Likes

@Tintin.

My strategy is based on the following factors & weights

• 60% for Market view / market narrative (May be called fundamentals) & my Contrarian approach.
    -15% for Confirmation of signals for the idea from technical chart
  • 25% for Entry based on where the price is in relation to trend line / support/ resistance & how long I have been watching the price action of the scrip/index/currency/commodity.

I have a small excel sheet with all the above factors and weights, where each trade idea need to score above 60% for entry and less than 35% for exit. Since I am a positional trader with few trades in a week, I can think about the trade and use the excel sheet before entry/exit.

2 Likes

I usually trade intraday at 9:30 or after 12 sometimes at 2pm

1 Like

@Lets_Inves
What is ideal PE ratio to buy and sell. For example PE for Bank nifty, hdfc bank and yes bank is 28.85, 31.07 and 19.73 respectively. So in my view yes bank is very cheap. But how to use it for intraday, swing or positional trade. What are the moving averages used by you.(optional, if you have not any issue in disclosing it to others)

Sir, what is price action strategy, can pls explain about it?

@vijender88
HI
I WORK VERY SIMPLE, BANK NIFTY IS MUCH VOLATILE,

BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT 2/3 DAYS ITS MOVEMENT IS BASED ON PREVIOUS DAY.

I JUST GET THE DAYS AND TRADE ONLY ON THAT DAY, WHEN PRICE BREAKS A CERTAIN RANGE.

4 Likes

watch.

@vijender88
dear this topic is for enter point, your post is better for losing trade

I don’t trade intraday.

A question from a new investor. How much money do you put in intraday trading?

In simple words, for intraday use money only to the extent you can afford to lose.

First buy longterm stocks (use 90% of ur money). Remaining for intraday. I would be less risk for new trader…

10k for beginners

What I learnt from my 2 months experience is, stick to a few selected scripts (you start understanding those better), rather jumping to this and that on momentum.

1 Like