When is Zerodha starting Shares and Commodity in One account

As per SEBI guideline, brokers can now offer single account for trading in both equities and commodities. Has zerodha started offering such facility or by when can we expect this. This is the need of the hour as maintaining margins in different accounts is costly and time consuming.

3 Likes

@nithin sir can help.

For this to happen, the equity business has to take over the commodity business. We are working on it, will take more time.

1 Like

Hi Nithin, I think you should try to expedite it as I had a talk with couple of other brokers who I trade with such as Finvasia and Aditya Birla Money. They said within 1/1.5 months they will be able to provide this facility. I think there is a huge explosion of commodity trading waiting to happen once traders are able to utilize margin from share and cash of equity a/c to trade commodity derivatives.

2 Likes

yup commodities are going up.

1 Like

Also NSE is planning to introduce commodities soon as SEBI allowed to integrate stocks and commodities on a single exchange from October this year. SEBI allowed for extension of hours and so it is likely that soon one can able to trade on NSE both stocks and commodities with same margin.

2 Likes

I have the same question. Update the progress on single margin account pls?

1 Like

This will take more time.

Hi Siva, any update to this?

1 Like

We have done the necessary backend changes which is the big change so I can say we are close to doing this, no ETA though.

Hi @siva, any update on the single margin account?

1 Like

This require a backend change and many other changes hence getting delayed, this will take some more time.

1 Like

Please make it happen soon. :grinning:. I have opened accounts with 7 brokerages none of them are satisfied finally back to zerodha.

2 Likes

I presume this will be 1 of those features which will be in the pipeline for a long long time.

Reason:
December 2020 - We have done the backend changes & very close

April 2021 - This requires backend change and hence delay

So either what was told in Dec-2020 was a lie or the Backend keeps changing so much that there is no End to it & hence will be in the pipeline for another decade or two.

Regulations keep changing and hence our priorities, currently we are focusing on interoperability because sebi has mandated to provide is ASAP or start facing fines from july, initially the penalty is less only but in few months it goes to 10k,1lkah per day.

@siva Can we expect a single margin account in a couple of months?

1 Like

May take more time, currently we are working on interoperability which is a really big change.

1 Like

@siva , Any luck on this feature ? we are waiting for a long time for this feature to come in Zerodha. Some brokers already have these features like Tradejini, Fyers, EnrichBroking, Finvasia etc. But, we want to stick with Zerodha. Please launch this feature as soon as possible.

Were working on it, Nishant. However, cannot commit to any timeline as yet :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We are literally waiting for a long time. Zerodha team please launch this feature. Some funds remain idle in both accounts equity and commodity. ROI will increase a lot if there is only single margin account.