Where to find delta of nifty options. Is there any website?

There are lots of option price calculators that give out the delta. If you want it on the fly, then remember the following…

Delta will be between 0 to 0.5 for strikes that are OTM

Delta will be around 0.5 for the strikes that at ATM

Delta will be around 0.5 to 1 for strikes that the ITM

Deep OTM strikes will have delta close to 0

Deep ITM strikes will have a delta close to 1

3 Likes

See the below Excel sheet:

thanks. i am trading intraday options so i need live rate delta on nifty options . so that according to delta i will put stoploss for option. u mention about option calculater. i googled it but didnt find any right one. please help.

1 Like

Usually a good Options calculator is inbuilt within your trading terminal, listed under ‘Tools’. Else check this out - http://www.bseindia.com/markets/derivatives/derireports/OptionCalculator.aspx?expandable=5

thank u so much. yes i checked on my terminal. yes in tool option calculater is there. but how to put values of interest rate ,volatility and no of days in there. .

For interest rate take the rate on the 91 day bill from GoI. Volatility will be from VIX and no of days will be the number of days to expiry.

1 Like

wht is d difference of delta between 1st otm strike prc n atm strike? will it be arnd .05?
n wl thr be any difference (of delta) b/w atm call strike prc n atm put strike? @ShubhS9

Trading without any due consideration to shady greeks is better IMO. In cricket, great batsmen watch the ball closely and meet it with the bat, under the eyes. Great traders watch the price and let it come to a comfortable level before punching in the trade.

In market option prices don’t go where greeks command them to go. They go where big money drives them to.

1 Like