Which broker charges minimum margin for writing options in India?

Which broker charges minimum margin for writing options in India?

Exchange does not mandate charging exposure margins for F&O. Only for currency derivatives, they are required to charge additional margin.

The minimum margin each broker is required to charge is SPAN which if they don’t, they are levied penalty which they will recover from the client. But brokerage houses in their own interest levy both SPAN and additional margins.

There may be several small local brokers who may allow you to take position based on only SPAN margins. Depending on your geographical location, you may look out for such smaller brokers who don’t have national presence who may offer you take positions with lower margins.

1 Like

Although, exchange guides brokers to collect exposure margin from traders, I heard some brokerages allow trading just by collecting Span Margins or very less exposure margins. I am not aware of names of such brokerages. If you find any, let me know.

Also I heard some brokers allow based on relationship too, if the client is trustworthy, to trade only with span margins. Not sure though.

asthatrade.com charges only span margin.