Which broker do option sellers prefer?

Din’t get what you are asking here?

I am asking if there is a solution being worked for the strike price blocking for index options.
Someone above has mentioned that if there is an short option position, long option buying can be done at any strike even outside the range. While this is a workaround, it is a cumbersome process to execute orders.

OI issue you mean, yeah, this is not in our hands, moving willing clients to orbis to reduce restriction, in next few weeks we may get some breather. Check this to know how one can trade all strikes at Zerodha for now. Also once sebi limit on institutions is lifted we expect market OI to increase and thus ours. Also for clients who has short position they can buy any strike in order to hedge it without any restriction.

2 Likes

" sebi limit on institutions is lifted " when will it be lifted

Believe this month end.

@MohammedFaisal Sir, is there any limit on how many buy orders we can place if we sell first ? Because the zerodha system did not allow me to place buy order today in banknifty . This is what happened with me -

Sold 1 Lot in Banknifty
Bought 1 Lot in Banknifty outside trading range ( Earlier my order was getting rejected)
Placed New order to buy 2 more Lots but now getting error ?
Finally had to sell 2 more and then was allowed to buy 2

So. Can you please tell if number of buys can only be equal to number of Sells ?

Right, can only be equal to number of sells.

1 Like

bank nifty range is just 800 points…how to trade in this range …seriously after few days range will be 100 points

Was not aware if this .

@siva Hello sir, but this is not effective for margin management. Can you allow a fixed number like one can buy up to 5 lots per account first and will be allowed to buy more lots after creating short positions for previous lots.

This way we can buy first and then will have to place sell orders before buying again. It will ensure fair usage and will also help in margin management and deploy strategy more efficiently

This would be tough to implement and I personally think that is not logical as few may want to buy more and few may not want to so reserving is not ideal.

@MohammedFaisal @siva there seems to a bug. I had short option position and then entered buy limit order to make it a spread. However when i tried to modify the limit order (to a higher limit), system was not allowing me to modify the order saying it is outside permissible strike range.
Can you check this please.

Checking on this @Karthik_Mahadevan. For now you can cancel and place a fresh order with the updated price.

Among the online brokers, Upstox seems to fit your bill, brother. You’re looking at the same set of features, just that having used both, Upstox comes across as easier to use. It feels less glitchy too, but check if you feel likewise too. It was free to open a trading account in, so it didn’t pinch the wallet either. Hope that helps.

@siva We are almost nearing the month end :slight_smile:
Any update on this would be appreciated . Thanks

Till now there is no circular on extension from SEBI so hopefully this would end tomorrow.

Thanks @siva

Hello Siva, right now to create short position of 5 lots, I have to do it in 6 steps for capital management - like first short 2 lots, buy 2 hedged , then Short 2 more , then buy 2 more hedged and then Short 5th one and buy 5th one again as hedge.

So it took 6 orders and brokerage charges , Even in basket order , buy order of 5 lots cannot be executed first even if we submit the Sell order along with it.

Please Increase brokerage of basket orders and allow to execute buy order outside allowed range first , so that things can be done more efficiently and we can get margin benefit.

Currently this is not possible.

Hi @siva - Still there is a limitation on the contracts that can be traded.
Ex - Next Week- 11600 TO 12250 CE & PE
Any idea when will this be resolved
Thanks in advance