I want a broker with following conditions:
- Collateral - offers collateral margin basis NSE stipulated haircuts and not more
- Cash component of collateral - Accepts liquid funds for the cash component required by NSE (I am very wary of letting idle cash with broker, would be more comfortable is liquidfunds or at least liquidbees are permitted as cash component)
- Margin - Margin for hedged positions to be as per SEBI framework only (was checking upstox, their margin calculator suggests a higher margin for iron condor on nifty as compared to Zerodha)
- Mobile platform - Decent mobile trading app and decent web platform (would prefer NEST, but could do with decent web platform such as Kite)
- Brokerage - I actually do not mind paying a higher brokerage as compared to Zerodha, provided the other stuff is there
Zerodha fits the bill perfectly on all of the above and is a cut above the competition. But the blocking of strike prices to OI issues is a drag. Looking to shift out to the 2nd best because of this issue. Which is the next best broker?