Which broker provide better collateral?

Which broker provide better collateral?

Every broker provides collateral after deducting % haircut as mentioned by exchanges.

But many broker don’t consider cash equivalent as cash

Do they allow to purchase fno on collateral? And doesn’t need 50%cash

I think Zerodha allows cash equivalent for collateral.

Zerodha does consider Liquid ETF’s and Liquid MF’s as cash equivalent and you can use it to trade in F&O.

Motilal Oswal gives collateral by default without even requesting

1 Like

yes , motilal oswal, edelwiss, sharekhan will accept all securities as colleterial , zerodha need to chech , i believe from august 1 is possible in zerodha

Hi
Any kotak securities users here for Fno?
Wanted to activate FnO in wife’s account but their default charges are exorbitant (300 rs per lot).

1. In preliminary communication they offered a plan with ~4000 per annum subscription with rs 20 something charges per lot, but I can not use collaterals from stock pledging to use as a margin for option selling- this lack of facility defeats the purpose.

2. their way of communication appeared very opaque

3. are there entities like “dealer-mediated” or direct accounts- they were cautious that I shouldn’t make my “dealer” privy to these communications.

4. Can any one plz guide if negotiating face to face would be better? But as per mail and telephonic conversation they were not very keen for this.

5. sharing your brokerage plan broadly will b greatly appreciated as it will help me in negotiations.

6)why kotak only: wife already has account for cash with them so I am spared of hassles of opening and transferring stocks from demat etc.

Thanks in advance