Which demat account is good for small investors?

Sounds alright. So you take trades every monday? How do you check the fundamentals, I mean what do you check in fundamentals, if the time period is between quarters, then there will be not be much of activity going on, unless there is any news regarding the company. And there will be not be any quantitative changes with the numbers once the quarterly results are updated.

Do you read news about the company and assess that a change is going to happen, there will be a demand for the shares, so you take a trade, a qualitative approach?

Please elaborate, as it will help others along with me.

Alright, sounds okay.

1. If you buy today and sell today, sometimes there will be short delivery and I think there is some penalty, did you face this?

2. Do you buy a group of stocks, then if you are convinced of a particular stock and want to buy, so you sell the a stock you bought from the group irrespective of loss, or you donā€™t buy anything new unless a stock from the group hits its TP?

Regarding the fundamentals, that is what I am saying, numbers donā€™t change in between the results period, it is business as usual, so a company which is profitable in the June quarter will remain so until September quarter, and the price also does not move much up or down, unless a good/bad news comes and the price moves up or down. So can you pinpoint the aspect which makes you take the trade?

On the charts, if I see price along with volume moving up, I can at least think that there is some interest happening in that stock, and this can make me take the trade.

Thank you for your patience Ankit.

Yes, if there is a negative change in the business, institutions will dump, among other reasons. But FII/DII data will not available quickly, I think block deals and bulk deals are available the next day, and change in SHP will be available only with quarterly results.

Yes, same day is intraday, but here the charges are more compared to delivery, did you check the charges. Because sometimes the charges will be more compared to the profit made. And did you face short delivery penalty if you had made a BTST or sell before you received the shares?

But arenā€™t there or days or weeks, where there will not be any stocks that donā€™t fit your criteria because Nifty is just 50 companies, unlike Nifty 500.

Because sometimes for the parameters I check for, I donā€™t get satisfying stocks even in Nifty 500, so I check the entire cash segment.

Yes there are.

Are your all trades equally allocated, or do you allocate more to some stocks for any reason like where you have understood well, or stock which was profitable for you etc?

One thing I forgot to ask until now, do you always exit at 1-2% or stay for more profit? If you stay without looking at charts, how can you possibly know that the price will go up?

1 Like

So you search for weekly losers in Nifty and if you donā€™t find any reason for the fall, you assume that it is just regular profit booking, and you invest in that stock, expecting the price to move up, right?

Yeah

How does finvasia generate revenue if they are offering everything for free?

Exchanges pay the broker a volume incentive if the traded volume goes over certain limits. Apart from this they also offer products and services to HNI and institutions like clearing services, collocation services, platforms etc.