Which is best platform to trade in Bonds (stock Market)

Hello folks,

Recently i know about Bonds Market in India. Can anyone tell me who is best as well top platform to trade Bonds in Indian Market.

What bonds are you looking for?

Want to Buy Tax Free Bonds and Gives good interest rate (more than 8%).

You can check out the following

1. Coin by Zerodha - Coin
  2. GoldenPi

Thank you so much, i try Goldenpi. But their Customer Service is not professional. On search i found another broker name is BondsIndia and their website name is https://www.bondsindia.com

I got positive reviews about them, what’s your view about it.

1 Like

Yes, @GoldenPi customer support is bad. Also, the minimum investment is Rs 10 Lakh for most bonds. Not suitable for retail investors. Also they don’t update and add bonds frequently.
Indiabonds.com is a better one. Since the fund transfer has to be done in RTGS mode, the minimum amount to invest is Rs 2 Lakh. You can sell your bonds (bought externally) as well.

1 Like

Hi,

Our sincere apologies for the issue that you faced. We are always learning from our investors on how to improve ourselves. Can you please share your contact details at : [email protected]? We will call you to understand more of the issues that you faced and fix them.

Thanks,
Team GoldenPi

Hi Mr Rupesh,

Our apologies for the bad experience that you had. We are working actively on fixing up the customer engagement experience for our large investor base.
A few points : 1. We are the largest aggregators across all major financial institutions in the country. Bonds are updated daily at the beginning of the day. With this, we hold the largest collection of bonds with technically the best pricing on any day. 2. We hold bonds worth 2 lac and lower quantum as well. They are , however, not many in number. We refrain from showing a lot of 2 lac and below quantum bonds as those are typically lower rated and riskier in profile.

Thanks,
Team GoldenPi

I have recently used Golden pie platform for purchasing some bonds and faced no trouble whatsoever . Their customer support was also very good. The executive Mr Appachu P.K was very helpful, patient and polite. My best wishes to the platform

@GoldenPi Oh! you are alive. Pun intended.

You are only a sub-broker to A.K. Capital. So are the rest of the players. You don’t have an edge. You are selling the same thing that the others are. Nothing new. Regarding the claim to be the best pricing also falls flat.

The same bonds that you are selling at minimum ticket size 10 lakh are listed on Indiabonds.com as well. The only difference is they are not forcing investors to buy minimum 10 lakh. They are allowing retail investors to buy minimum 2 Lakh as that is required to carry out the RTGS transaction. They don’t have a minimum buy otherwise. Maybe, you are just catering to high-ticket, HNI investors. But retail is the key to growth. And the way things are changing in the Debt market, even regulators are opening doors for retail investors. So high time for you to wake up.

Moreover, Goldenpi is misselling 54EC Capital Gains Tax Exemption Bonds. Whereas the fact is that 54EC bonds are for tax exemption of capital gains from sale of assets except for Equity. Capital gains from Equity sale are not considered for 54EC bonds. Time and again I had requested to GoldenPi team to correct the mistake. But in vain.

@nithin I think @goldenpi is a bad investment for Zerodha/ you compared to the other ones like Smallcase, Wint etc.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Tax Free Bonds are not going to fetch you 8% as you would buy at a premium now from secondary market & not at face value. You don’t have to go to any other site to buy as Zerodha has all bonds traded on NSE/BSE…you could also choose corporate bonds like muthoot, tata capital, IIFL, L&T finance, edelweiss etc…

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused, Mr Rupesh. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

You can start investment in Bonds with a 10,000 minimum investment from BondsIndia. Try https://bondsindia.com and see why they are best platform to trade in Bonds in India.

@GoldenPi So when are you adding a disclaimer for 54EC bonds under “Capital Gain Tax Saving” Category that it is NOT applicable for Capital gains from Equity sales?

@neerajgupta ICCL (Indian clearing corporation limited) only accepts RTGS payments and hence the minimum 2 lakh transaction amount rule. Can you please tell me whom the payment is to be made exactly when you invest through bondsIndia. Is it ICCL or the BondsIndia company?

Never used indiabonds, so not exactly sure what their offering are, but in my view, minimum amount to invest also depend on what type of issuance was done for original bonds.

As such SEBI has come up with recent circular, mandating that for privately placed debt instruments, minimum face value has to be Rs. 10 lakhs

And since most of these platform are dealing in privately placed instruments, I think going forward, everyone will have to move to min 10 lakh investment (unless bonds were issued as part of public issue, in which case face value can be low)

@Akash_Shah yes learned that from an email from Wint yesterday. Are you joining the zoom session today at 7 pm for more?

Also, read this article just now -

@rupeshmandal Nope, not attending zoom call. Not sure they will have anything more to add.

On Retail account for govt bond - not a very big fan of holding Gsec directly. I still prefer to invest in corporate bonds / RBI floater bonds (yields are better there) or debt MF (more tax efficient).

Are RBI Floater bonds available on Coin ?

But we can already buy these from Coin, isn’t it ?
@Bhuvan I guess Coin already provide buying these Gilt securities, am I right ?

Yep.