Which ITR to file

I am a salaried individual who has been filing Form ITR-1 all these years. There was just one transaction of derivatives trading in the last FY which resulted in total loss of the capital (around 45K). Should I file ITR-3 to carry forward this loss or set it off against income from other sources (mainly SB/FD interests), or can I file ITR-1 and classify this as Capital Loss, or just ignore it?
Also, I have made few investments in Stocks and MFs over last 2 years, and have not sold anything so far. Should this be captured anywhere in the ITR?


You need to file ITR 3 to carry forward the loss. It is best you do this instead of ignoring.

You need to use ITR2 to show investments.