Which RSI should we consider?

I was just learning RSI a day before and get to know 70 % is overbought and 30% is overbought but I am confused with which time period should I choose while trade?

Example-

Reliance’s Monthly RSI is at 68 and Daily at 71.

So what are the indications it is giving?

Looking for your expertise in this matter. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

It depends on the type of trade you are going to do , for a day trader , Daily RSI over bought / over sold level , for a swing trader / short term trader RSI to be considered is weekly. And in your example , Reliance , RSI is in over bought on daily chart compared to Monthly chart.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I got your point, does minor or major trend also matters here in case of RSI?

Like other indicator RSI too depends on what type of stock you are applying the indicator to. For ideal stocks with normal movements it works like charm but you have to be careful while trading bad stocks, stocks which have had bad new’s or are in the constant bear market. I say this because if you buy bad shitty stocks looking at the RSI that it is oversold and it would move up but most of the times the stock would continue loosing value and almost loose over 50-80% before giving any genuine bounce back. Same goes for share’s in the uptrend. Shares in both of this case are low, almost 2-5%. Just be careful while choosing the stocks and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Well mostly RSI Indicator is considered for a Trading/ sideways , Markets or for stocks. RSI gives whipsaws in a trending Market or for trending stock , either upside or for a downside. So broadly Chart Indicators are differentiated as trending indicator & Trading indicators or as oscillators . RSI is an oscillator and accordingly RSI needs to be interpreted . So its better to know the , phase of the market or stock before applying RSI indicator.

1 Like

hourly works most of the time along with 30m, well lower the timeframe more false signals

1 Like