Why did the exchanges publish a clarification on no additional intraday leverage?

its means no change in f&O segment in future?

As I said here again and again, the SEBI rule is all about CASH market.

There was no discussion about intraday Future Margin restriction[BO-CO-MIS] at all in meeting today.

All are false hype created by NSE & few. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

from where you got this news?

Update : Possibly Leverage part will be sifted to end of March, 3 months would be relief period, let’s see what comes post 3 months…

2 Likes

is it a conformed news?

I don’t know. In telegram channel posted.

1 Like

Which channel?

RM of my another discount broker (I don’t want to mention the name here) said, don’t worry sir, we will provide intraday F&O leverage as before.
There was no such discussion about F&O margin in today meeting. They have representative there.
They previously also said the SEBI restriction is all about CASH market and they will provide intraday leverage in F&O as before.

It would be really appreciated if @nithin says a few words about today’s meeting because we are all really confused and throwing some authenticity to this discussion would really help

3 Likes

The Nithin’s argument is based on the NSE con-call conversation. It clearly establishes that FnO leverage WAS never legally sanctioned practice and as it’s already outside framework, no need for clarification or discussion on that. It also establishes that “collecting” is different from “reporting”. It hints that in future NSE may check out for “collection violations” which are until now ignored. But rules are not yet in place.

The arguments by the rest are simply based on "ignoring the con-call & circular.

1 Like

No message in this channel!

maybe he deleted message. look in his Twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/IntradayGeeks

nothing there as well

This is what I heard from a friend:
There is a concept of peak margin reporting coming soon, brokers the way they report end of day margin will now also have to report what was the peak margin used by a customer during the day. This essentially would mean that there will be a trail of how much leverage was used by each customer. So brokers on their will can’t give any leverage they want going forward (maybe in 4 to 6 weeks this will be implemented)

Will additional intraday leverage be allowed in F&O and equity using broker own funds to a certain approved extent by regulators? 50-50 chances of it coming through as all the broker forums are batting for it, even if it does, it will not be more than 2 to 3 times (30% to 50% of overnight margins

3 Likes

in twitter also deleted. maybe wrong info. I saw other telegram groups also. some people told, don’t worry about margins till march.

Nithin please share the actual update

1 Like

Not a single update after meeting by any of the officials is making me worry :slightly_frowning_face: I hope Nithin sir will reply us soon.

This is essentially what has happened.

2 Likes

Sir, what are the possible decisions for F&O intraday margin in upcoming time. Will Sebi allow some leverage or no leverage allowed? @nithin

Nitin, shall we get some extra leverage for intraday over normal margin

1 Like