why i got txn Expired while transfering shares using easiest

when i want to transfer shares from my paytm money account to zerodha using easiest. and also from angle one to zerodha, the status is always txn expired
why this is heppening to me

On easiest, your broker DP can set the transactions you initiate to auto or manual mode.

Auto = When you initiate a transaction, the transfer happens immediately.
Manual = When you setup a transaction, your DP (Zerodha, Angel, PayTM) has to authorize the transaction

Usually, most Broker DPs will set the transaction to manual mode to ensure there’s no risk of clients selling stock through their platform and transferring out simultaneously. Transactions are authorized after the payin obligation for the day is met. If the transactions aren’t authorized before the due date, they expire. You may want to get in touch with your broker to know why the transactions aren’t authorized.

2 Likes

In the past, I’ve successfully migrated my holdings from one of the DPs you mentioned. At that time, I was shuffling my portfolio and moved just only one company shares to another (not Zerodha). It wasn’t immediate, though. Had to wait for a day. Whatever the case, the receiver (Zerodha) doesn’t have any control over the transfer. As already suggested, please check with the source DPs (stock brokers).

@VenuMadhav Thanks for the insights. I was under the impression that I can move out my holdings at any time if I already added the BOID as a verified user. Of course, adding BOID requires authentication from DP. But, never knew that the transfers require authorisation from DP too. However, I can understand the reasoning behind it. However, with the advancement in technology, I don’t know how/why exchanges can not create a system where a customer can not do both actions (selling and transferring) at the same time. Anyway, thanks again for the insights.

Usually holdings that reflect on the trading platform are updated by brokers on EOD basis. This is why, if you get credit during the day, they don’t reflect in your portfolio on the front end immediately. Imagine a situation where the client has 100 shares of RIL, sells it in the secondary market, thereby creating an obligation to deliver and at the same time transfers out securities from their demat account. No broker would want to assume this risk.

2 Likes

Is there any regulatory restriction on setting up off market transaction via broker terminal to transfer into own accounts?

Something similar to gifting stocks feature we have on zerodha, but difference here is we are transferring to same PAN, but different CDSL Demat account (different broker)

No, it’s common for people to transfer securities from one account to their own account with another broker DP, so much so that one of the reasons available in CDSL’s system while initiating off market transfer is "Transfer to own account ".

I’ll rephrase to emphasize on this query
Is is possible for zerodha to have a page on console or kite terminal, where if the user enters the destination demat account number and authenticates, the shares get transferred instead of doing it via the cdsl website ?

I’m imagining something like a normal transaction which can happen at any point during the day to another account of the same user instead of waiting till the end of the day for the broker to approve

Are brokers allowed to such a thing? Kindly comment on the same

Ah, we have gifting for that where we consume CDSL APIs and allow for transfers to happen. There’s no other intergation with CDSL other than this. I’m not sure if we would want to assume that risk either. It’s best for you to use easiest to make the transfer yourself.

1 Like

Hi,
yesterday my off market transfer of nifty bees from my zerodha demat to my wife’s zerodha demat account has expired without authorisation from DP [Zerodha]. Any procedural changes? coz, i have done the same many times in the previous year

I am also facing same problem from last one week ,not able to transfer within the Zerodha broker any one can just help me in this ,I chose option sell off market

You have to add the beneficiary in your easiest login. This is a new procedure. Search for the post in zerodha about ‘how to add beneficiary in easiest login’. I too have have faced the same issue and now it is sorted after adding beneficiary.

I have added beneficiary and already got authenticated but still showing transaction fail I tried three times and all the time transaction fail …

Hi
Kindly note that the transfer placed on 18th March 2024 has been rolled back by CDSL as the beneficiary details were not added on the said date. Currently CDSL will not let the clients to set the transfer request if the beneficiary details are not verified. To learn how to add a beneficiary on CDSL, see How to add a beneficiary on CDSL to transfer securities?

Please share the transaction ID/ client ID by creating the ticket hence we can check and update you on the same. Click here to create the ticket

Ticket ID no:- 20240401742302
I have raised the tocket please help me in this regard

Actually I am not able to send photo but in the ticket I have attached the images of transaction fail