Why is the brokerage so high for options?

Is it because who do options have a lot of funds, so they can afford such brokerage, or is it because to provide such a volatile product in real time, the tech involved is costly, the people who deal with such a tech are costly, the whole infrastructure of such tech with the brokers and exchanges is complicated and costly?

:question: :question: :question:

I think brokerage same for intraday equity, futures and options. 20 per order.

It is not.

Intraday and F&O trades

Flat ₹ 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity, currency, and commodity trades. Flat ₹20 on all option trades.

Now i know the reason for my losses in trading options. :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Over 80% fno volume comes from options. Brokers don’t loose much if they forgo bit of brokerage on the rest.

Besides if someone is worried about brokerage we do have zero brokerage houses in the market as you already know.

:grin:

Charges are like ants, they are not visible if you are far way, and pretty soon your profit bread will disappear :ant:

Hmmm, right :thinking:

Zerodha’s Nithin Kamath thinks brokerage rates will go up in future; here’s why - BusinessToday

2 Likes

Sounds alright :face_in_clouds:

Finvasia

1 Like

@t7support As soon as I read the title, the name that striked my mind was shoonya by finvasia- the broker to offer 0 brokerage for FnO and other segments. Making it easier for retail traders :pray:

So that Juaris can subsidise brokerage for equity traders like me.

Enjoy :grin: