Why is there a dicrepancy in brokerage between Zerodha brokerage calculator and actual contract note received?

why is there a dicrepancy in brokerage between Zerodha brokerage calculator and actual contract note received?

Stamp duty will get added to your Contract Note which Brokerage Calculator doesn’t show you.

I am suggesting Zerodha (@nithin) to add the option to choose respective state along with “Security”, “Buy Price”, “Sell Price”, “Quantity” in the brokerage calculator itself( I know there is a “Contract Note” option but most of new traders doesn’t know this option)

1 Like

Hi @Speculator ,
I am trading BankNifty futures for last twenty days and to my surprise, there is still a huge difference between the value Zerodha Brokerage calculator and the actual charges charged.

The sample contract note shows the calculation of total charges as Rs. 320 whereas on an average for the whole of April I have been charged Rs. 600 per contract approx.

Am I missing on something?

May I know How many lots you are trading and which order type you are using ( MIS, BO or CO).

Because if you are using BO or CO and multiple lots if order executed in more trades ( single order multiple trades on exchange) Brokerage will get charged on Trades based.

Not in CO, this happens just in BO. AFAIK

Ok. I did not much about them. I use MIS only

I trade only Banknifty CNC Regular all the time. Holding period ranges from Intraday to few days depends on the market situation.

Below I have attached P&L along with total charges.

Really I too did not understood.

Contact Zerodha support.

As per me you are charged more (As per my observation you only get charged around 8000 â‚ą).

In brokerage calculator you just would have mentioned buy and sell average with total number of lots traded.But actually you would have placed more orders for 720 lots.Brokerage will be calculated based on the order numbers(number of orders you placed).

As per my observation he did 18 trades which reflect to 720 /- brokerage with 1 lot per trade.

As per the brokerage calculator he must charged around 200 /- per trade and total will be 3600 /- ( excluding stamp duty )

But in the screen shot it is around 6000 /- ( excluding stamp duty )

I dont know I may miss some point.