Why only liquid funds allowed for pledging?

I GUESS all MFs except ELSS to be allowed for pledging at a time. Am I right @siva and @nithin . Hoping this should happen, I am building MF portfolio. Are you allowing now, buying deep OTM options now as it helps in hedging???

1 Like

@siva @nithin

Sir we crossed Aug1st. Please update about new pledging system and when you are accomodating all mutual funds for pledging except ELSS funds.

We’ll publish details soon.

@Bhuvan @siva @nithin as requesting again and again, new pledge system came live and new procedure implemented but why all nse approved mutual funds which can be liquidated easily are not included in pledge system. I have accumulated MFs and waiting for pledging to do intraday. Give particular date from when this opportunity can be included.

Every approved security will be included, give us 3,4 days, let this settle down.

1 Like

@siva
Is POA mandatory for Pledging share for collateral margin? :thinking:

Nope.

thanks. :slight_smile:

So currently only use of POA is to be able to sell holdings without entering otp. Correct

Thank you @nithin @siva. Provided almost good MFs for pledging. I guess still more funds needs to be qualified. I observed some hiccups.

1. In some funds only regular funds available for pledging (sbi magnum global) for same fund direct funds are not available for pledging.
  2. Pls include good debt floater funds also for pledging

@nakul, can you check.

yes, i have also requested to include a couple of debt mutual funds which are in the NSE approved list but not in the Zerodha approved list.

i think, may be we should have a separate topic just to take requests and updates on these requests for pledge eligible securities

I have created a new topic where people may request for NSE pledge eligible securities to be added to Zerodha approved list. Hopefully this way the requests for eligible securities are more consolidated and easier for Zerodha team to track, and for us users to follow up.