Why Pi shows not responding when there is fast movement of price?

it is really problamatic when one has re login again as often Pi hangs up whenever there is fast movement of price.

kindly correct this or provide some icon on pi so that by clicking on that icon pi can resume immediately

as it dispalys on top not responding & one has to to wait some times even more than 5 minutes or exit & relogin

kindly correct this it is quite frustating during trades

2 Likes

Brijesh,

Whatever little cases we have seen this happen, it is usually the system speed or the internet speed to be blamed. When there is a lot of volatility, we are streaming you more ticks as well (unlike in Kite where we limit the number of ticks). What this means is that if your system is not fast/poweful enough, it could hang. Also it is best to not have multiple trading/charting/streaming applications open at the same time on a system. This can also cause this to happen.

Make sure you are using a powerful machine and one of those higher end broadband connections. If you are using dongle etc, I’d suggest you to use Kite, which is a lot less resource intensive.

hello trader,

This particular problem what retail daytrader’s face with some Trading Teminal’s in India is likely to continue on forever.

Waiting for a solution to happen automatically is going to end up only in further discouragement.

You need to find a solution yourself.

The saying goes “OLD is GOLD”.

Dig out the NOW Trading Terminal to get your orders placed without glitches specially on high volatility days.

This is quite a plausible answer. However, I have a friend who is running a lower end laptop(than mine) with sharekhan’s trade tiger and it never seems to hang, while my Pi hangs. I still believe the data streaming to the app could be optimized rather than suggesting/encouraging zerodha member to upgrade their infrastructure. But this is just me.

1 Like

In order to have an optimal trading experience, you ideally should have a computer which has i3 processor (or above), 2GB+ RAM and an internet connection with 2MBPS+ speed. Performance issues arise when you try running multiple charting and trading tools. Streaming data on multiple platforms creates issues which ends up ruining your trading experience.

The problem is with PI. I dont know why others are saying internet issue and stuff. How can it freeze and crash so many times in a day when other brokers’ platforms are working fine. I am tired of writing about this to zerodha support.

3 Likes

Ditto here. It looks like improving the platform stability is not a priority for Zerodha management.

2 Likes

This is a big problem with Pi, i got I5 processor with 8GB ram and 6MBPS speed,
i open Motilal oswal app Orion lite in the morning and exit in evening no hiccups at all,
but when it comes to Pi i have to restart atleast 5-6 times daily, today i even reinstalled the application,
still it is is same. whatever the issue is please get it corrected, before people start moving out…

Regards
Chandan thakur

1 Like

This is quite a plausible answer. However, I have a friend who is running a lower end laptop(than mine) with sharekhan’s trade tiger and it never seems to hang, while my Pi hangs. I still believe the data streaming to the app could be optimized rather than suggesting/encouraging zerodha member to upgrade their infrastructure. But this is just me.

Yes, pls do some thing for this,

Why indian broker don’t have powerful terminal like meta trader, ami broker or any other forex broker…

1 Like

sir, I have 16gb ram , 1tb hard drive, NVIDIA geforce gtx 950 , Windows i7, My interent spped is pretty fast (20 mbps)…i get download speed of 1 mbps…and your Pi has stopped working on my system from long time. I suggest you should stop blaming people’s computers and start improving you software.

5 Likes

This is a serious problem with pi. Everyday, i am facing this issue, though i have an i5 processor and 155 mbps internet connection. Even zerodha support team could not resolve the error. Few weeks back, support told me that a new version of pi is about to be released anytime and that it would resolve these hang problems. But no sign of new pi version. It is really frustrating

1 Like