Why Zerodha is so restrictive?

Why not allowing to short HEG stock even in MIS (Intraday)?

We understand illiquid stocks are not allowed to be shorted, but keep that for penny stocks and really illiquid ones.

HEG is one of the most famous stocks and decently traded

because you made one account… so they are restricted… if you made multiple accounts with different brokers then they will not restricted… simple as that

1 Like

today HEG is blocked for intraday, buy in cnc.

they need silly reason to block hedge… mis bo co etc etc etc… who cares them… make multiple accounts simple

1 Like

Don’t worry u will known many things soon . Welcome to slow trading world . Step by step trading not professional trading .

2 Likes

Lol who will buy that stock, i wanted to short

these all restrictions are from exchange levels, i think.

You are right buddy, I have Sharekhan account already, will transfer some money there. Better to keep 2 accounts

1 Like

No . This are managed by platforms .

Stock HEG often hit circuits(either upper circuit or lower circuit).If the intraday products allowed,end of the day positions can’t be closed due to circuit which result in auction for stocks if it is sell position.If client dont have enough balance account may go in debit if he has buy position.

Can anyone check if they are able to short HEG from other brokers

thanks for clearing

@shefali, @Djwale_Bapu can help you, because for 1 yr , i am only on Zerodha.

This point looks valid, but I think they should do so in 5% or 10% ones. 5% ones are mostly fake operated stock so understand. But 20% circuits, definitely broker should allow to short. As it is very less achievable.

but, for zerodha you can check

ye dekho Phir bolo Can't get the logic of BO AND CO