WIKI >> Zerodha Pi Backtest and Scanner ERROR Troubleshoot CHECKLIST

hElLO tRaDeRs,

If you get an ERROR message, while using your strategy on Zerodha Pi backtest engine or the Pi Scanner, please go through this checklist to make sure you have done things correctly:

1. Have you forgotten to enter an EXIT LONG SCRIPT while backtesting your BUY SCRIPT.
    example exit long script: CLOSE < OPEN

2. There is a possibility that formatting errors can happen, when you copy paste scripts from the web to the scanner or backtest tab, for example different lines get merged into one continuous line.
    THIS IS OKAY as long as you make a one character free space between the different lines on your main strategy.

3. The SELL SCRIPT TAB and EXIT SHORT ​SCRIPT of the backtest engine do not work as of now, so do not use it, leave it blank.

4. If the error message is “SCRIPT GENERATED NO TRADES” recheck if your strategy is practical on your the current timeframe. Test your strategy across different time frames and increase backtest periods if necessary.

5. The Scanner currently accepts only one SET function, so if you have a strategy with many SET functions that worked fine on Backtesting but generating errors or Scanner, this could be the case.

6. The Pi Scanner and Pi Expert Advisor works only during the trading hours. To test your strategy after market hours use only the Pi backtest engine.

7. The Pi Scanner do not produce sound alerts or do not log entries to the Generated Alerts Tab, You need to watch out for the ALERT TIME cell column on your scanner window to TURN YELLOW when a stock has been identified with your Tradescript conditions.

5 Likes

The content here has been pasted to the main answer.

thank u for support

Any idea if the scanner accepts multiple set functions yet?

not yet, try combining conditions to get around this limitation.

Read this example:

Thanks buddy, I could do this but it could get too tedious. I was hoping to check heiken-ashi candles in the scanner/backtest and without using SET, this could become too complicated!

i tried feeding MACD and MACDSignal function directly to crossover function (instead of two SET). still does not work.

Can you edit my piece of code for scanner please? I want to run this scanner for EoD on all NSE stocks

Please Read point 6